2nd Row Room Between SCAB and SCREW?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi All,

First, I can't recall which is what but I know the nicknames are Screw and Scab right?

What's the difference in rear seat legroom between the two? I assume everything else is the same and the only difference besides the doors is legroom right?

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
traded a 2012 screw for a 2014 scab. shorter works better offroad. slightly less space for people in the back seat but I don't like people in the back seat so not a problem. I do miss the larger gas tank.

LOL! I did the opposite not even thinking about it. This was the Raptor in my price range and mileage. But since having it, I do like the extra room for additional cargo that I don't want in the bed, plus the larger tank. Which is a big difference for me, in offroading in the back woods.

BAJA1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2014 scab and now a 2018 screw. The screw has a ton of room inside, bigger gas tank, more towing capacity, and I actually like the looks better. My passengers really were amazed how much more room there is.

9sword

Reaction score
I agree. My 12 was a Scab which I loved but I bought a 19 Screw because I have always had a moon (sun) roof in my vehicles for years and I could not get that in a 19 Scab. I am amazed at the amount of additional space in the 19 Screw over my 12 Scab. All I miss is my big V8.