2nd Outlaw Raptor Run "Revenge of the Raptor" Editorial

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have sound to hear the "oh *****" but I saw 90mph, something very close marked on the GPS, then a whole lot of movement! At least she got the speed on camera!

How did you like your GPS mounted down there?

Worthless as a driver at high rates of speed. I won't take my eyes off the road long enough to look down that far. Works great with a navigator and at slower speeds/night.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Worthless as a driver at high rates of speed. I won't take my eyes off the road long enough to look down that far. Works great with a navigator and at slower speeds/night.

That's what I was worried about. I've got a pod housing in the works for a flush (as flush as we can get) mount right above the factory NAV screen and slightly recessed into the dash.

OP
OP
Outlaw Offroad

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooooon! Do you have a weekend in mind for the night run yet? Just got my lights! :D

No not yet. I want to see how many people are comfortable driving at night and also make sure their truck is set up for it. Let me know what you guys think Night run or keep the Day run ?????? Should I start a new thread on this ????

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No not yet. I want to see how many people are comfortable driving at night and also make sure their truck is set up for it. Let me know what you guys think Night run or keep the Day run ?????? Should I start a new thread on this ????

It would be cool to maybe do a late afternoon/night run once daylight savings hits and it's getting dark at 5:00 PM. That way we don't run into the weee hours of the morning. Could arrive in Vegas right in time for the night festivities? Just throwin' ideas out there. All in all, I like the idea of a night run.

trailboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great run!!! Also looks like our frames are not so much a "weak, flawed design" as that crying clown BlueSVT on the "Z" would have the rest of the world believe...

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Great pics and write-up! It's good to hear that while being a good "hard" run, the trucks performed well. This should just go to show that the Raptor CAN indeed be driven hard off-road and not break or bend in half! Kudos to ORP for putting together a very well thought out run.

CL 8 2WD

Reaction score
PowerLine Road

I have a question, last February myself and a group from D.R. took the Powerline road to Primm for the S.N.O.R.E. B.A.P. and on the other side of this mountain range (behind the photographer) are some switch backs where the road was washed out (major hazard) I saw it at the last minute and drove up the side of the hill to avoid rolling off the cliff, It looked like others had done the same thing. Has it gotten worse? I remember some of the guys saying they drove up and over the hill before the wash out next to the PowerLine tower. I will be attending a wedding in Vegas on September 24th and will be taking dirt from Stoddard Wells through Barstow past Slash X across the 247 over the hills to find my way over the 40 & 15 to Minneola to the Powerline Road. Since you guys have taken the Powerline road more recently can you tell me of any new hazards I should look out for.

Thanks in advance,

Bobby

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Minne...gOqeEwA1JAxHSkDxg&cbp=12,105.71,,0,-1.97&z=17

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Minne...nV3IDBh2E26DcWm1_JYw&cbp=12,80.54,,0,8.3&z=17

hpim08672497563.jpg

hpim08852642426.jpg

Last edited: