2nd guessing my choice of Avalanche Grey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2023 37PP Avalanche w/ Recaro's ordered but I am starting to guess my color decision. I don't care that 50% of the 2023's will be AG. I worry more that I don't like the Oxford White on the Raptor and AG seems relatively close to it in pictures. My brother has a 2021 OW Raptor and I just don't dig white. I know AG is a darker tint but overall it still looks relatively white with no reference. My current daily is a 2018 SCAB Leadfoot. I absolutely love LF on this truck. I know AG is between LF and OW in terms of color so I'm kind of torn.

Considering changing to Iconic Silver or Rapid Red. Iconic Silver is way more impressive in person than in pictures. Rapid Red looks good in person too. I wish Velocity Blue was still a choice.

So I guess for the ones that have seen AG in person, does it look more white than grey? Does it depend on the time of day?

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just saw in person every 22 color here at Raptor Assault today. Honestly every color is solid- just depends on your personal preference. Rapid red is a really nice color. Don’t sleep on Atlas either. Looks really good. Saw an avalanche Gen 2 in the show room here. Cool color. It’s what I’d go with if I ordered a 23. Easy maintenance, it’s not completely white either. Don’t over think it bro!

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow ..that primer joke will never die.
Stick with the Avalanche.
To me black with be the absolute last choice. Especially now living in a place that is above 90s for most of the summer.

cjhoneyman

Reaction score
I was torn between Oxford White and Iconic Silver for my '22. If Avalanche had been available in '22, I would 100% go with it. My last F150 was Oxford White, so I went with Iconic Silver this time. Not disappointed.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't help but laugh just a bit at your post. I very briefly had the same bout with second guessing myself, but I was concerned I would regret not ordering AG. In the end, I want something bright that stands out even further from the crowd, so I am sticking with CO.

Don't overthink it - if AG was your initial gut thought, stick with it!