2nd Gen Raptor RTI score

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dale Lewis

Reaction score
I was curious how the 2nd Gen Raptor would RTI score compared to other factory suspended trucks from Nissan, Chevy and Dodge so I gathered us some numbers from TFL and Off Road Mag.

2018 Dodge Power Wagon 510
2019 Ram Rebel 406
2019 Nissan TRD Pro 418
2019 GMC Sierra 408

2018 Raptor SCREW 627
#boom

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
What is an RTIscore? Also is that a Toyota TRD Pro(taco tundra?) or is it the Nissan pro4?

Asinine

Reaction score
It’s called physics. RTI/CTI favors wider and longer rigs, there is no scoring adjustment for wheelbase or length. A Raptor will outperform a power wagon because it’s 6” wider. A SCREW will score higher than a SCAB because it’s a foot longer.

I see people in the JK world bragging about scores and it’s absurd. Four door JKs with 60s and 40s on low backspace wheels post 1,000+. Two doors and factory axles can’t come close. It’s physics.

BrianR

Reaction score
Isn’t RTI calculation something like inches traveled up ramp / wheelbase*1000?
I don’t think it favors wheelbase.
Wide, flexible rigs yes.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Isn’t RTI calculation something like inches traveled up ramp / wheelbase*1000?
I don’t think it favors wheelbase.
Wide, flexible rigs yes.
It's been years since I thought about this, but I believe you are correct that the wheelbase is figured into the formula.

Asinine

Reaction score
Distance / Wheelbase * 1000 = RTI

Doesn’t account for width and tire size, both of which will affect the score. A wider rig can travel farther up the ramp and still keep its tires touching. You want to win an RTI competition - add wheel spacers. Physics.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
What no Gen1 love? :)

I honestly don't recall seeing any RTI scores for the Gen1. I am surprised to see just how much the Gen2 beat the Power Wagon. That's a pretty big difference... I doubt a 2019 Power Wagon will be much better than the 2018.

--