2nd cam phaser repair. TSB flash if anyone interested

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello has 2nd Cam/phaser problem pop up again; original was 11/2020. I posted tread here earlier but could not find it to do update.
Some info for anyone
dealer has to do TSB flash thing before doing actual repair; no big deal but does add 1 to 2 days to do. Well mine had the flash but still the problem so all 4 phasers being replaced will post once get truck back

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got mine back today, after being at dealership 7 days. I took mine in for the recent FSA's, and he told me the reprograms don't get rid of the cam phaser noise. My noise was minimal and never noticed, but he recognized the sound on startup and said, "Want me to fix it?" I said "hell yes!". I had been waiting to take mine in as close to the 60,000 mile drivetrain warranty period ending just in case, but didn't realize I already had the cam phaser issue already in progress. Though it was just a little turbo flutter.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello has 2nd Cam/phaser problem pop up again; original was 11/2020. I posted tread here earlier but could not find it to do update.
Some info for anyone
dealer has to do TSB flash thing before doing actual repair; no big deal but does add 1 to 2 days to do. Well mine had the flash but still the problem so all 4 phasers being replaced will post once get truck back
Did you get it back yet?

RR_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I receieved the TSB related to cam phasers and the reflash in the mail, yesterday. I have an appointment already schedule for this week to fix (again) the leaking valve cover gasket... it was 'fixed' a month ago and now is worse than before, using ~1qt every 500mi.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I receieved the TSB related to cam phasers and the reflash in the mail, yesterday. I have an appointment already schedule for this week to fix (again) the leaking valve cover gasket... it was 'fixed' a month ago and now is worse than before, using ~1qt every 500mi.
The valve cover gasket, if that is not sealed properly, is probably a technician problem, rather than a Ford problem, hope they fix it right for you this time, keep us updated.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with their truck having a hiccup after having the cam phasers done?

I got my truck back Friday, and everything seemed fine on Friday & Saturday, until this evening, my truck failed to start. Press the button, it turns over strong, seems to start, sputters, 2Hi lights up, then it would die. Happened 5-6 times, until I finally decided to shut it down all the way, locked the truck, reopened, and it started up just fine........VERY odd. Battery is at 98%, so no issues there.