2nd Application of Adams Ceramic Spray Wax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cory84

Reaction score
Back in March I put Adams Ceramic Spray on my truck right after I bought it. There are some areas on the truck that I can tell don't have any coating left on them, and some that do. Would I be ok to clean, clay bar, prep, and put on another coat of Ceramic Spray? Or will the old coating need to be polished off?

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Back in March I put Adams Ceramic Spray on my truck right after I bought it. There are some areas on the truck that I can tell don't have any coating left on them, and some that do. Would I be ok to clean, clay bar, prep, and put on another coat of Ceramic Spray? Or will the old coating need to be polished off?

I would recommend polishing the old coating off. You will get the longest protection from the new application of Ceramic Spray Coating by applying it to the bare, prepared paint, as opposed to on top of the old layer of coating, where it will not achieve the same bond.

OP
OP
C

Cory84

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Adams, looks like its time to learn and invest in a polisher. What do you recommend to get the CSC off of the vinyl and trim pieces. Also, I think the coating is in better shape than I thought, the roughness is coming from some hydraulic oil that was misted onto the truck earlier this summer.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the response Adams, looks like its time to learn and invest in a polisher. What do you recommend to get the CSC off of the vinyl and trim pieces. Also, I think the coating is in better shape than I thought, the roughness is coming from some hydraulic oil that was misted onto the truck earlier this summer.

Clean the vinyl and trim with Trim Cleaner, and then use Surface Prep.

The Swirl Killer 15mm & 12mm Combo is a good value, just $255 after the sale discount.

Tim Tullio

Reaction score
I'm probably late to the party, but after clay baring the paint, is there a ceramic coating that can go over both the paint and vinyl decals?

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Tim Tullio

Reaction score
OP
OP
C

Cory84

Reaction score
I'm probably late to the party, but after clay baring the paint, is there a ceramic coating that can go over both the paint and vinyl decals?

I used the Ceramic Spray Coating on all of the paint/glass/vinyl/and rubber trim last March. It was very easy to put on, and I'm sure the Graphene stuff is better yet. I'll be buying a polisher and fixing some etching in mine from hydraulic oil this winter.

bviperd

Reaction score
I put Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating on my truck today. I didn't use surface prep but I did clay mitt the truck and dry using detail spray. I'm hoping I still achieved a solid bond of ceramic coating.

Adam's - did I just waste my time or will I get some good results from applying the ceramic spray even though I used detail spray to clay then dry? Also, I noticed it didn't rainbow on my wheels... is that normal?

Last edited: