23ZERO - Best RTT around?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at RTTs and like the 23ZERO because of their patented mattress.

Any have experience with them or prefer a different RTT?

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get a James Baroud and call it a day. None of the others come close. I've owned more RTT's than I care to admit and the JB is the best, by far. I put it off in the beginning because of the price but if I look at how much I've spent buyig/selling/trading these damn things, I could have already bought it easily. Not only is it made noticably better than anything else out there, but they're hardshells which are WAY easier to put up and take down (which makes a big difference in 40 degree rain ... )

GhostRHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lots of great options for tents out there. I personally like Freespirit Recreation (which is why i became a dealer). It really all depends on what you want to spend.

two24studios

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned a CVT (Cascadia Vehicle Tents) summit series and really loved it. They make high quality stuff. Also really like the extended versions so you can have a full stand up annex on the side of your car, makes it super easy to get changed and have privacy. I've seen some of the cheaper options and you can tell you definitely get what you pay for.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, are James Baroud made in Australia or Portugal, I've heard both?
They are pricey and I'm concerned about the mattress thickness and hip pain at night.

Potugal
https://www.jamesbaroudusa.com/about-us/

One of the most important features of a rooftop tent is the part you sleep on: the mattress. All James Baroud rooftop tents feature a thick, moisture-resistant 3″ high-density foam mattress. Mattresses have a heavy duty zippered cover for easy removal and cleaning.

They have solar operated vent fans and exhaust ports to prevent mildew when closed.