22" Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gordo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is true! If you want to maintain the nice ride quality of the stock Raptor, I would avoid 22s and even 20s. 17s with 35s and 18s with 37s will ride about the same, anything bigger not so much...

Since you live in Maryland, I am sure you have some rough winters and the pot-hole filled roads to match.

If you are fine with a rough riding truck that you feel every crack and bump in the road, spend the extra $$$$ and get 22s! Post a picture when you are done, one way or the other.

So you dont think 20's with 37's are a good set up?

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im running 22x12 with -44 offset with 33's and it took 2.5 inches on the front to keep them from rubbing. I tried 35's and I think it would have taken a 4 or 6 inch lift to clear them without any trimming. I think you'd be good with a 22x10 with no more than a -25 offset but you'd still have to install a leveling kit

View attachment 133568

OMG - If I drove that for 1 day I would have 4 bent rims. Not trying to be negative but if you buy a vehicle for off road utilization, you should actually use it. Oh well - To each they own.

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at a used lifted one with 22's and drove horrible. Granted, also had a crappy lift on it as well. Once i got some help from the guys here decided not to get it because of the lift, was planning on taking the 22's off right away.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome stuff WooPig. Thank you very much for actually taking the time to provide an answer that helps instead of making ******* comments like a few of them above. As a new member it's very welcoming and enlightening to get mocked and made fun of on my first post.
Welcome!