22 Raptor Trade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Low profile…well those “sorts of people that pay attention” will still know it’s a Raptor with or without the appliqué, no? Lol
Yeah, I know. My point is that nothing good comes from being noticed. Unless you're walking in a crosswalk or similar.

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. My point is that nothing good comes from being noticed. Unless you're walking in a crosswalk or similar.
I’m just curious, and truly not opening a debate, or dissing you in any way….if you’d rather not be noticed, why did you purchase a Raptor? They are quite noticeable…why not something nondescript that’ll get you where you need/want to go, a 4x4 XLT, or even a 4x4 Lariat?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m just curious, and truly not opening a debate, or dissing you in any way….if you’d rather not be noticed, why did you purchase a Raptor? They are quite noticeable…why not something nondescript that’ll get you where you need/want to go, a 4x4 XLT, or even a 4x4 Lariat?
It checked more boxes. Mainly, it's comfortable to drive long distances and it's good enough off road that I didn't need to modify it. Nothing else came close in either category. I looked for Leadfoot so that I would blend in more, but white was available with the options I wanted and I was buying at the beginning of covid when no one knew when normal production would start again. I'm OK with white as I don't like Leadfoot and white blends in a bit with all of the work trucks on the road and it shows scratches the least.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t convince the wife on the blue interior. She likes the all black.

So now dealer has code orange in similar build but black interior except the tail gate appliqué is deleted. That’s a deal breaker honestly, unless the cost to replace the tailgate with it isn’t horrible and is worked into the deal.
It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. Just sayin!

‘Sorry honey, couldn’t get the black interior’

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not so much I desire the black plastic, i just loathe the alternative. The tail gate without it looks like a Lariat tail gate with a Raptor badge from the scrap accessory bin stuck on it.
My Leadfoot is an 800a, which doesn't come with the applique, but she identifies as an 801a and I've been very happy with it.

trav7314

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife scoffed at the idea of an $80k truck ($90+k w/ TTL and the loan amortizes). Period.

I put down a deposit anyway and she has since gotten over it.

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol no one buys a raptor to be low profile
Actually this isnt always correct. I use the my G3 for pretty hard offroading, mostly for shooting and fishing runs, but i enjoy just flat out desert running. It also has to be my daily driver. I dont care for the big "look at me" trucks driving around so I have no decals running 35's and like it that way. Worst thing ever is the TRX owner that recognizes the raptor and starts driving like an idiot trying to drag race me...... If I could buy a regular looking truck that performed like the raptor I would buy it. I for one appreciate the understated G3. I actually painted the skid plate on my G2 to match my Metallic gray color to make the truck stand out less. Iconic doesnt need that treatement because the skid plate matches. I get I am in the minority, but I actually bought the Raptor because of its capabilities. Its already dinked and scratched beyond the comfort level of most.