22 Raptor R Button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ragnar

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the issue?
Apparently I needed to select "OK" after each setting. So, if I wanted Comfort steering, I would toggle to highlight comfort steering and it would disappear but show up as comfort steering on the dash. Then I would press and hold the R button to save. It said the settings were saved but wouldn't repopulate after starting the truck up and using the R button (Brought up Raptor Status for an easy visual). I tried to select ok after highlighting the desired setting and then the settings would be saved.

bajabcsbound

Reaction score
The button functions perfect in my truck -- Here is the "SIMPLE" way this feature works in my truck --

Exhaust button on steering wheel - Choose a setting
Steering wheel setting on steering wheel - Choose a setting
Truck setting - IE - NORMAL / SPORT on the dial Choose a setting
Suspension on the steering wheel Choose a setting --

NOW -- HOLD THE R BUTTON down for 3 seconds and it'll SAVE these settings -- they are saved --- now how to recall them --

Here's where the user error comes in -- the NEXT time you come into the truck -- start it up -- Click on the R Button one time - don't HOLD it -- just click on it ONCE -- it then brings up your OLD settings --but you Now click the R button ONE MORE TIME quickly again -- BAM -- the truck will automatically go into your PREVIOUS HELD settings ---

So it doesn't AUTOMATICALLY go back to your previous settings - you have to click once to bring them up, and once to engage them -- only TWO clicks and you're done. It's easier than having to go into every individual setting and RE-SET them all every time to jump in the truck...

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
The button functions perfect in my truck -- Here is the "SIMPLE" way this feature works in my truck --

Exhaust button on steering wheel - Choose a setting
Steering wheel setting on steering wheel - Choose a setting
Truck setting - IE - NORMAL / SPORT on the dial Choose a setting
Suspension on the steering wheel Choose a setting --

NOW -- HOLD THE R BUTTON down for 3 seconds and it'll SAVE these settings -- they are saved --- now how to recall them --

Here's where the user error comes in -- the NEXT time you come into the truck -- start it up -- Click on the R Button one time - don't HOLD it -- just click on it ONCE -- it then brings up your OLD settings --but you Now click the R button ONE MORE TIME quickly again -- BAM -- the truck will automatically go into your PREVIOUS HELD settings ---

So it doesn't AUTOMATICALLY go back to your previous settings - you have to click once to bring them up, and once to engage them -- only TWO clicks and you're done. It's easier than having to go into every individual setting and RE-SET them all every time to jump in the truck...
^^^^
Exactly how it works for me. Good description.

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's awesome. Maybe some day I'll have mine. Still don't even have a VIN # yet after 6 months

RippRaptor

Reaction score
The R-button Will sure be a cool feature being that’s probably the only feature my 22MY will have from her factory. Thanks chip shortage!

vooo11

Reaction score
im trying to gigure out how to activate the r button,whats the correct way? is the r button just for the setting talked about here? its not a performance boost like the sport option on the gen 2 raptor?

Last edited:

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im trying to gigure out how to activate the r button,whats the correct way? is the r button just for the setting talked about here? its not a performance boost like the sport option on the gen 2 raptor?
@PandaBoi posted a full write up on how to add this button. GL