22' Raptor Comes Tonight!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added photos and delivery video to the main thread. I added some music to the delivery video...it was scary seeing it dangle on the end of the truck with a few straps holding it on. The tires barely fit on the ramps they were overhanging on each side based on the width. Love the cold start had to get a couple takes of that one in the video, not sure which mode, I'm assuming it was on normal not sport or baja obviously.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I wouldn't change a thing. Well, maybe the hideous wheels. I did mine up in black. Little better.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a dealership in Seneca Falls, which is more central NY, west of Syracuse

I'm familiar with Cobb, was looking at those actually so that's an option for sure!

I don't want to change the exhaust, I'm just wondering if it can be enhanced or what other ways others have modified it, if any, at this point. The trombone loop is awesome, so it might be one of those things that gets left alone and I'm fine with that.
As far as I knew, the trombone loop is for g2 trucks to sound more like g3. They have an unequal exhaust length

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I knew, the trombone loop is for g2 trucks to sound more like g3. They have an unequal exhaust length
There’s a big huge loop in this gen3 that looks like a trombone, apparently part of the exhaust note tuning that they did engineering the gen3s

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I assume that’s where SPD got the idea
It would seem that there is still options...eventually, to change out things like cats, the muffler itself, or headers, etc. This would keep the trombone section as well as the e-valve to align to the 4 different mode options. it's hard though without knowing what others have done and how it changes to exhaust note. It could mean adding rasp or drone that is even more unwanted to mess around with it at this point.