22 inches wheel travel while keeping the bed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASD1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered robby's fenders and bedsides in CF. ( can't freaking wait to get them on!)

I havent decided if I'm going to Rock Robby's front kit or go with SVC's upcoming setup. So far leaning towards robby's.

My set of Robby's fenders should be here today :biggrin: and they ARE !!! :)

Robby's building my front kit now.

39149969_2078479422176661_8757855606976544768_n.jpg

Last edited:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
My set of Robby's fenders should be here today :biggrin:

Robby's building my front kit now.

Nice! I should be pulling the trigger on a front set up in early sept. I'd be interested to hear how long it takes for you to get yours, and what your first impressions are.

After flogging my truck repeatedly, I need more control up front than remote res 3.0s provide.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a metric ton of side to side movement on trucks with linked rear suspension and no full cage. Like break multiple welds kind of motion. There just isnt enough triangulation for it to sit still. the factory frame isn't designed to support a linked suspension and thus isnt strong enough to not bend when beating on a truck after links are in.

So basically the idea that the bed would remain "uncut" realistically is unrealistic? Really liked the idea without leaf springs.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So basically the idea that the bed would remain "uncut" realistically is unrealistic? Really liked the idea without leaf springs.

I think for this extreme of a setup it is unrealistic to not cage. The short course setup that Kibbetech does is probably the best bet to link and keep the tank. It's closer to 18" of travel and you get a little more side to side than a triangulated 4-link but I've seen people hammer their short course setups without issue. The most popular truck I've seen with this setup is Vaughn Gittin Jr's "Ultimate Fun Haver". A good customer of mine has a brand new Colorado down there getting buttoned up at the moment.

Here is a link to Gittin Jr's truck.

The Ultimate Fun Haver - Speedhunters

Attachments

• ZR2 1.jpg
    ZR2 1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 70
  • ZR2 2.jpg
    ZR2 2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 72
  • ZR2 3.jpg
    ZR2 3.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 61

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

Robby's link kit requires holes be cut in the bed, just like a bypass rack.

The only kit that retains the entire bed is the rogue cantilever kit.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If Dirt King thought Fords were cool and made this kit for more than GM half tons it would be a solid upgrade for those who want to link and keep the tank. 19" of strapped travel. Of course a bed cage is needed but it's nice to see a kit that doesn't relocate the tank.

IMG_3183.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg