22' First fill up - New Mods & Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I don't use tire shine, I use tuf shine tire clearcoat it's a permanent protection for the tires. That being said, I really need to do more work on them because when they mounted these rims they left a shit ton of glue on the side. I'll really need some all purpose cleaner to get it off completely. Most tire gels or shines will through product all over the place

The JB weld and foam sealant worked pretty good after the wash there was no drips by the drain tubes, even visibly could see the water draining down and out of the tube. I will check out these suggestions though as well

I was being sarcastic on the tire shine. It's a trigger point for a lot of people here.

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was being sarcastic on the tire shine. It's a trigger point for a lot of people here.
Hah, I don't probably fact I have 20's without beadlocks is another trigger or hell that I'm even washing it....

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't use tire shine, I use tuf shine tire clearcoat it's a permanent protection for the tires. That being said, I really need to do more work on them because when they mounted these rims they left a shit ton of glue on the side. I'll really need some all purpose cleaner to get it off completely. Most tire gels or shines will through product all over the place
Use a lil bit mo elbow grease; that’ll do the trick.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The JB weld and foam sealant worked pretty good after the wash there was no drips by the drain tubes, even visibly could see the water draining down and out of the tube. I will check out these suggestions though as well
bare minimum if your water issue is solved go with the one that covers up the bed tailgate gap. if nothing else it protects that paint from being scratched up. 1 year in I have one spot pealing away for $15-$20 it can be replaced. its a super thick rubber.

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's OK. I had 20s before I found the light.
I wanted 20s with beadlock while upgrading to 37s, that would have been ideal in my opinion, but mine came with 35s and I'm not ready to mess with the suspension yet

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you pls give a review of the retrax?
Sure...my experience is limited with Tonneaus, never had one personally. I have used hard tri covers in the past (old Chevy Avalanche, standard) have used everyone elses soft rolling tonneau. The retrax is my favorite and most convenient I have come across.

It looks and feels amazing, feels incredibly durable, I would like to get on it and stand and see how it does, haven't yet, but have heard and see advertised that you can. I wouldn't jump or bounce but could support me, great for setting things on won't scratch as long as you get the premium version.

I personally installed it DIY myself, and alone, just needed my wife to help lift the cannister into the bed, I slid it up to the bulk head myself after that point. pretty standard clamps fit on the side, if I absolutely needed to and had the socket and wrench, one could break it all down and store it in the actual bed if they were out. I would not recommend doing this like it is convenient or anything, but is technically possible. Retrax and Real Truck has a bunch of good installation videos, I also watched some other Raptor Overland guys install it too, very straight forward.

Never done a tonneau install before, this was my first. I really like how it conveniently rolls into the cannister and out of the way, the lock is and can be very helpful with valuables in the bed. This would secure it very well. It works awesome with our Raptor tailgate and bed lamps, so cool to press the button at the back with the tonneau on and be able to light up the box, really helpful without a flashlight.

I need to put the t-slot to use, haven't bought other accessories yet but I imagine it will make this tonneau even more capable.

Down side, not for me..., is the cannister size, you'll have room underneath it, but it does reduce the length of the bed. You won't be able to get your dirt bike or atv or other big items into the bed without taking the cannister off first. I won't have any of that so I shouldn't have an issue.

Drainage...small leak issue with the drain tubes, it's really where the tube connects to the cannister, I used JB Weld silicone sealer and now there is no leak. Slight leak right by the back tailgate where the tailgate step is, there is a little ridge that can channel water under the rear seal. I used a foam sealant cube piece that I cut to fill the gap, hardly any water falls down the tailgate now, this is by the tailgate though, so one would assume this would be the area where water would be able to get in with any tonneau.

I'd buy it for my next truck as well whenever that may be..

Reaction score
Looks great! Love the Vossens. I'm planning on getting the HF6-5s for my truck once the winter muck is all gone. I appreciate your rear side profile shot to show the poke. I'm between 10 or 12 wide but think 10 would do just fine with less headache for fitment issues. Where did you end up ordering the wheels and tires from?