22' First fill up - New Mods & Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Yeah..I ordered this from NY though, they had sent down a temp, however, it expired after the first couple weeks. The paperwork that had been sent down was incomplete, once we finally got through to the DMV to know what the hold up was the dealer corrected everything that they had sent down.
Gotcha. Makes sense. Makes it a little more difficult to address issues between states, but the ADM savings was probably worth it.

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to peel the plastic off the Spring, now I think I have a loose cable

7GlYPkf.jpg

the other side is clipped to the red part of the strut tower on the bottom, looks like it may have been there and is now broken?

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pick up a 50 pack just in case

50 Pack Cable Zip Ties, 8 Inch Nylon Push Mount Self Locking Cable Ties for Indoor Wire Tying-Black https://a.co/d/afrZBJ5
Cut-out or scrap off existing, wrap the cable and insert in the red housing with those? I can see a zip tie on the rubber grommet part assuming that used to have been attached...

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple Updates...Wash is done...I also fixed the plastic wrap and line that seemed to be hanging - zip ties were very helpful @WTX Thank you!

o87DMIL.jpg

I fixed the driver side..but I looked at the Passenger side to compare how to do it the right way. This is the passenger side:

k8gy9Fo.jpg

ZdVYn4f.jpg

It looks like it is knotted, they ran the cable inside the loop like you were tying your shoe. That can't be right...

I also see my bumper is crooked, and I measured to, goes from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inch

OGeeMru.jpg

Look at Passenger headlight compared to driver headlight where the white and gray meet

Check your fuses!! had to push all of mine in, every fuses was not fully seated

All cleaned up:

yvnkHAI.jpg

2q26ULi.jpg

3FtDhP6.jpg

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next steps would be fixing some smaller leakage from the tonneau, the drain port is likely my fault and I'm going to use some JB weld to see if I can seal right around the connection to the cannister and top of the tube. The back tailgate I'm not sure what would work best since it has to do with the slots where the step is, I'm thinking some small weather stripping for now and see how that does.
to stop the leaks I used these. works great

ESI Ultimate Tailgate Seal with Taper Seal 10ft for use with Truck Caps and Tonneau Covers

ESI ROK Block XL Tailgate Gap Cover 7"/17.78cm Width—Fits All Pickups Worldwide

ESI Front Rail Seal 6ft EPDM Rubber

the front rail I put on before I put the cover on. because the sides of the bed are a 1/4 inch higher than the front of the bed. the tailgate seal I only put on the sides because that seal that attaches to the bed and tailgate covered the bottom.

Last edited:

NewRap4Me

Reaction score
Looks good. Getting a full front xpel wrap tomorrow to keep the AMB as pristine as possible. Still going B/F between a bed cover or chase bar with lights. Don’t need either really, but when does need and common sense factor into these toys?

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No tire shine? What kind of Gen 3 owner are you?!?
I don't use tire shine, I use tuf shine tire clearcoat it's a permanent protection for the tires. That being said, I really need to do more work on them because when they mounted these rims they left a shit ton of glue on the side. I'll really need some all purpose cleaner to get it off completely. Most tire gels or shines will through product all over the place

to stop the leaks I used these. works great

ESI Ultimate Tailgate Seal with Taper Seal 10ft for use with Truck Caps and Tonneau Covers

ESI ROK Block XL Tailgate Gap Cover 7"/17.78cm Width—Fits All Pickups Worldwide

ESI Front Rail Seal 6ft EPDM Rubber

the front rail I put on before I put the cover on. because the sides of the bed are a 1/4 inch higher than the front of the bed. the tailgate seal I only put on the sides because that seal that attaches to the bed and tailgate covered the bottom.
The JB weld and foam sealant worked pretty good after the wash there was no drips by the drain tubes, even visibly could see the water draining down and out of the tube. I will check out these suggestions though as well