22’ Black 37 Raptor vs. XPEL Stealth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CityHunter

Reaction score
There’s really more to it than just finesse. If you want something to be perfect you install it correctly the first time and leave it alone.
Correct a razor blade cut? Come on guy. I know you’re not going to budge from your point of view but you’re tottering on ridiculous. You won’t see these issues for months if not years done the road. In most cases the film edge or the film itself will cover it.
Bottom line the less people that touch a body panel the better.
Yeah I just can't buy that argument -- anything designed to be removed and affixed is inherently repeatable and even potentially improvable. Expecting perfection from a first-assembly, and assuming everything has been installed correctly from the factory is a heavy bet. You'd be shocked at how many loose-fitting tabs, clips, plugs, etc. I've come across when fiddling around to get things removed. You can even employ little tricks with those pieces to get a better-than-factory fit when reaffixing panels, particularly with interior trims, headliners, etc., where most of your rattles arise.

Regarding razorblades -- in order for a razorblade cut to cause potential issues years down the road, it would have to be deep enough to be visible from the onset. That's going to be noticeable on close inspection, and even then I think you're more likely to damage your paint doing basic off-roading stuff while enjoying the truck for what it is. I mean, these are Baja trucks afterall; I don't think anyone is seriously concerned about about imperceptible razorblade cuts rearing up in 4-5 years when we're throwing sand, gravel and rocks at it at 60 MPH+. This is where the additional protection of XPEL really outweighs the small possibility that you'll endure some phantom cut from a razorblade wielding mad-man.

OP
OP
R

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks Great!! Do you have any before & after on the XPEL Stealth? I'd like to see how Stealth changes the color of the truck. I've been thinking about XPEL and/or going with a wrap all together on my Gen2. What was the cost of the Stealth? Thanks!
Update pics posted. The cost varies really…depending where you are and who is doing it. All this razor blade talk is ********. If you have a competent installer who knows what they are doing you are ok. Our installer here is Amazing.