22’ Black 37 Raptor vs. XPEL Stealth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont you have to remove it in a couple of years or it does damage to the paint?
Not at all with XPEL. It is the best ppf on the market. Perhaps if you go with some wonky Chinese knock off PPF you could run into issues like that I guess?

Last edited:

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a big waste of money to do anything more than the front end but if I were to get it done I’d at least take off the stickers.

Totally agree. You’ll never recoup in a resale what that job costs.

I’d you are **** retentive and just want to protect the front from rock chips, then spend a couple grand and and **** it off just because, but I’d WAY rather spend that money on Camburg or RPG suspension upgrades

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I figured I would share a few Raptor projects a friend of mine and I have going. Both are black 37 trucks with XPEL and IGL Kenzo ceramic coating to start. One of the trucks is being protected with XPEL stealth and the other in the clear XPEL.

Wheels - Volk TE37XT M-spec 18x9 -1 is the Raptor set up with these
Tires - 37” Open Country
Suspension - RPG

I am leaning towards having both trucks tuned by @GooseTuned as he seems to be the best Raptor tuner in the game.

Here are a few pics of the progress so far of the Stealth. It should be ready in a few days. This is a brand new truck driven from the dealership right to the XPEL boys. I will update with the finished product once completed.
View attachment 382609

View attachment 382610

View attachment 382611
Very cool!

I’d be happy to help!!

CityHunter

Reaction score
I also would be afraid taking my new truck apart as there would be a million broken clips and body panels. I’d be afraid of rattles and loose fitting parts.
Not sure how much has to actually come off the truck to do this? But even still, it’s fairly easy to ensure you don’t have broken clips when re-assembling. I’d say there’s even opportunity to ensure a more snug fitment with each piece if you’re up for putting the extra work in. I can see cost for value being debatable with this mod, but I don’t think rattles, etc. is a major concern.

Evasive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be concerned with having it go bad in a few years. I used Suntek Ultimate on my car and it has a 12 year warranty. You get what you pay for with PPF and XPEL is outstanding.

Last edited:

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure how much has to actually come off the truck to do this? But even still, it’s fairly easy to ensure you don’t have broken clips when re-assembling. I’d say there’s even opportunity to ensure a more snug fitment with each piece if you’re up for putting the extra work in. I can see cost for value being debatable with this mod, but I don’t think rattles, etc. is a major concern.
On the contrary it should be a major concern anytime a part is removed. On many cars and trucks there are pieces such as door handles, head/tail lights, grille, side mirrors ..etc that need to be removed to do the job thoroughly. On the Raptor I would think the fenders at the least would need to come off. Then comes in question the use of a razorblade all around the truck. Any slip by the installer can lead to one or many cuts through the paint and depending how deep can lead to more issues down the road when you involve trapped moisture and/or salt and road chemicals.
Anytime a hand touches your truck there is a chance for damage so to say someone installing the film will care to or know how to properly install or adjust body components is a far stretch to say the least.

Last edited:

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the contrary it should be a major concern anytime a part is removed. On many cars and trucks there are pieces such as door handles, head/tail lights, grille, side mirrors ..etc that need to be removed to do the job thoroughly. On the Raptor I would think the fenders at the least would need to come off. Then comes in question the use of a razorblade all around the truck. Any slip by the installer can lead to one or many cuts through the paint and depending how deep can lead to more issues down the road when you involve trapped moisture and/or salt and road chemicals.
Anytime a hand touches your truck there is a chance for damage so to say someone installing the film will care to or know how to properly install or adjust body components is a fair stretch to say the least.

For sure, I have seen more razor blade marks in paint after a wrap job. A razor scratch effectively ruined the pain, so you then negated the wrap job as well, being it does no good to protect a ruined pain job.

The best best is to wrap the front bumper and hood, and maybe fenders, then Ceramic the rest.

Last edited:

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stunning work guys, congrats. Worth every cent and I'll be doing the same when mine arrives. I've done it most vehicles and saved me numerous times.