21 or 22?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr Racecraft

I’ma need about 3.50
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recommend buying the truck you want. I think it’s kinda unreasonable just bc this MY came out later than normal

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey OP. Exact same situation here. Got a 35" lead foot supposed to be built the week of Oct 25th ~$79K. Dealer told me I could order a 2022 MSRP 37" package but he didn't have any faith that I would get it before June or July of 2022. He said he'd be checking on his rep's best guess on 2022 delivery. To your point, its pretty tempting to chip in only a few thousand more and have the 37" package. But, I'd say get what you want and not what you think will be worth more. If you don't want a 37" package, then I wouldn't advise you to delay your order. I really wanted a 37", but No Gray exterior option for 2022 is a big negative in my book.

We've got another week to stew on it before the banks open up on 9-30.

This would be easier if Ford would've released a $%^@ing gray exterior next year.

Mxsledder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey OP. Exact same situation here. Got a 35" lead foot supposed to be built the week of Oct 25th ~$79K. Dealer told me I could order a 2022 MSRP 37" package but he didn't have any faith that I would get it before June or July of 2022. He said he'd be checking on his rep's best guess on 2022 delivery. To your point, its pretty tempting to chip in only a few thousand more and have the 37" package. But, I'd say get what you want and not what you think will be worth more. If you don't want a 37" package, then I wouldn't advise you to delay your order. I really wanted a 37", but No Gray exterior option for 2022 is a big negative in my book.

This would be easier if Ford would've released a $%^@ing gray exterior next year.
Let me know if you don’t end up taking the 21 build I’d love it.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has there been any published info from Ford direct about any color and interior changes for MY22? Things don’t normally get refreshed until year 3(mid cycle). Colors do come and go each year however.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has there been any published info from Ford direct about any color and interior changes for MY22? Things don’t normally get refreshed until year 3(mid cycle). Colors do come and go each year however.
The 2022 order guide was posted here last week

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point, wouldn’t waiting for a MY22 be the best option? More color and customization options at the very least from my limited understanding of the upcoming changes. What else…

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score

100% get what you want
This debate happens in the 911 realm too… everyone worried about what is going to be worth more. The only thing that matter is if the car is worth it to you. Don’t spec a car for someone else… spec it for YOU!