21' LFG RAPTOR XPEL STEALTH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
uscraptor51

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dropped my LFG off for exactly the same thing.... really excited how yours turned out. I have a ceramic going on top as well so it will be interesting to see what that adds to it
Where are you located and who is doing the install?

Let’s keep track of the installers, too. There are good ones and really GOOD ones out there. They deserve credit for the time and detail to attention when done right.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located and who is doing the install?

Let’s keep track of the installers, too. There are good ones and really GOOD ones out there. They deserve credit for the time and detail to attention when done right.
Northern NJ Auto Polishing Center
1634585140175.png
About 5 years ago they did my now departed Camaro with a ceramic coating - excellent job
Last week when I was speaking with them about the job they had 2 cars being wrapped. A black Bentley that was getting the stealth and another car (don't remember) getting a color wrap. Pics next week.....

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to a XPel corporate store in Boise. I was told that there will be a small space where stealth ends and the original paint, for example, around the tail light. Therefore because I have orange, the original color may be too obvious. I was told that black and subdued colors will look better and not so obvious. Although I did not see it and I forgot the name, XPel recently came out with a gloss black PPF and another clear PPF that is thicker and provides better protection. The thicker is 10 mil vs 8 mil. I think the black is to accent certain areas on a vehicle. XPel also has an armor PPF, but it cannot be wrapped like the clear film, it is designed for flat areas. I did learn the self healing properties of XPel is not what I thought. Apparently XPel consists of multiple layers, the top layer is very thin, which is the only layer that will self heal. It was described as being designed to self heal brush marks from an commercial car wash. If something penetrated the very thin top layer, it will appear as a paint scratch, but as long as the PPF was not entirely penetrated, paint would be protected.

On the same topic, when I took my Porsche, which is covered with XPel, to the dealership yesterday, I saw what turned out to be a PPF install. To make a long story short, I was told that the dealership switched from XPel to Nano Fusion because the latter is a clearer material and will provide much more pop. It was being installed on a red 911 and I gotta say it was a noticeable difference between bare paint and the product. There was not enough space to park my red GT next to it for a comparison, but I spoke to the installer, whom indicated he installs XPel and Nano Fusion. The dealership contracts with the installer. Regardles, he said he thought Nano Fusion is a much better product than XPel. It may be a chev vs Ford situation, but something to consider. Unless someone has experienced something bad with Nano Fusio, when my truck arrives, I think I will give Nano a try, because unfortunately stealth is out for my Code Orange.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alright, this is starting to sound like it cost what I paid for my exhaust/intercooler/and wheels combined.

Titus87

Reaction score
Xpel stealth on black vehicle owners - Does the stealth help with waterspots from washing/rain? I haven't had a black vehicle before my gen3 Raptor and the waterspots are killing me.

DillyDally

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 325488

Had to get a weigh in this morning…6,020lb. on the scale.
First off this is the closest color to a fighter jet that I've seen. Idk why ford has a color called "fighter jet grey" that's not even close to this. Secondly, can they put stealth on top of decals? I want to get that small "FP" decal on the tailgate.

OP
OP
uscraptor51

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off this is the closest color to a fighter jet that I've seen. Idk why ford has a color called "fighter jet grey" that's not even close to this. Secondly, can they put stealth on top of decals? I want to get that small "FP" decal on the tailgate.
I would assume they can…the only issue I see, is if you decide you want to remove the decal, you would have to redo a section/panel of PPF.