21' LFG RAPTOR XPEL STEALTH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll give you a summary of my annual process. I start with stripping old sealant, wax, etc., off with Chemical Guys (CG) Clean Slate wash, but lots of stuff will work including Dawn dishwashing soap. Then I'd decon with iron remover- I like Gyeon Q2M Iron. I then clay the car. I like using a clay block since it's simple and fast to use and you can wash it off if you drop it on the ground. It can be used on the PPF as well to remove contaminants. That would be followed by a polish or paint correction, if needed. On the PPF, you don't want to use a cutting pad or compound. I typically use a white foam pad with polish, CG V38 Finishing Polish, typically. There are specific products for PPF maintenance, Gyeon makes one called QM2 PPF Renew, but I've never tried it. Once complete, wipe it down with a surface prep like Gyeon Q2M Prep or Adams Surface Prep. After that you've prepped the surface and are ready to lay down the protection.

Two routes here, the first is the sealant/wax route. I would start with Chemical Guys Jet Seal paint sealant putting down a couple of coats. Jet Seal last a good year for me. I'd layer that with a wax on top. The last wax I was using was Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba-Polymer Estate Wax. Some waxes work better than others- I would stay away from straight Carnauba. It would be best to ask for recommendations from the PPF manufacturer for a wax. I'd usually wax quarterly with the polymer wax and use a detailing spray after and between washes. I really like Kenotek Showroom Shine, but it's hard to find now.

The alternative and faster route is a ceramic coating. If you do it yourself you'll need to do the same steps for prep, but one or two coats of a good ceramic coating works great and should last you 2-9 years depending on which product and how well you maintain the coating. I've applied Adams Ceramic Coating and their Graphene Ceramic Coating. Just put the Graphene Ceramic on the Raptor (no PPF though) and that is a 9 year product. You still need to maintain with boosters and other SIO2 infused washes, detailing sprays, etc. I stick with the Adams stuff as the system works well together. If you go with a spray on ceramic the most you'll get is a year, but it is an option and it is pretty simple to apply.

I hope this helps!
How long does it take you to do all this?

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll give you a summary of my annual process. I start with stripping old sealant, wax, etc., off with Chemical Guys (CG) Clean Slate wash, but lots of stuff will work including Dawn dishwashing soap. Then I'd decon with iron remover- I like Gyeon Q2M Iron. I then clay the car. I like using a clay block since it's simple and fast to use and you can wash it off if you drop it on the ground. It can be used on the PPF as well to remove contaminants. That would be followed by a polish or paint correction, if needed. On the PPF, you don't want to use a cutting pad or compound. I typically use a white foam pad with polish, CG V38 Finishing Polish, typically. There are specific products for PPF maintenance, Gyeon makes one called QM2 PPF Renew, but I've never tried it. Once complete, wipe it down with a surface prep like Gyeon Q2M Prep or Adams Surface Prep. After that you've prepped the surface and are ready to lay down the protection.

Two routes here, the first is the sealant/wax route. I would start with Chemical Guys Jet Seal paint sealant putting down a couple of coats. Jet Seal last a good year for me. I'd layer that with a wax on top. The last wax I was using was Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba-Polymer Estate Wax. Some waxes work better than others- I would stay away from straight Carnauba. It would be best to ask for recommendations from the PPF manufacturer for a wax. I'd usually wax quarterly with the polymer wax and use a detailing spray after and between washes. I really like Kenotek Showroom Shine, but it's hard to find now.

The alternative and faster route is a ceramic coating. If you do it yourself you'll need to do the same steps for prep, but one or two coats of a good ceramic coating works great and should last you 2-9 years depending on which product and how well you maintain the coating. I've applied Adams Ceramic Coating and their Graphene Ceramic Coating. Just put the Graphene Ceramic on the Raptor (no PPF though) and that is a 9 year product. You still need to maintain with boosters and other SIO2 infused washes, detailing sprays, etc. I stick with the Adams stuff as the system works well together. If you go with a spray on ceramic the most you'll get is a year, but it is an option and it is pretty simple to apply.

I hope this helps!
Excellent, thanks for the detail. Sounds like you're using good products, ive been recommended to use many of those chemical guys products. Thanks again!

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks incredible! I am sold, I will have the stealth and armor XPel installed on my code orange as soon as it arrives! I had my 2019 exterior Rhino lined because my dog is trained to deploy out of the rear windows. I also had the shell Rhino lined as well. Some love it and some hate it, I personally like it and it serves its purpose. However, I really love the stealth, which means I will just have to keep both trucks!

Attachments

• 08235056-4597-4E48-900D-EA9A26E3C052.jpeg
    08235056-4597-4E48-900D-EA9A26E3C052.jpeg
    273.4 KB · Views: 72

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great job on that Stealth.

That is just... jaw dropping. Time for a rack and a light bar up top.

Man that is fantastic brother.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dropped my LFG off for exactly the same thing.... really excited how yours turned out. I have a ceramic going on top as well so it will be interesting to see what that adds to it

OP
OP
uscraptor51

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the stealth the taillights or is that a different product?
Different… they were painted.

Went with paint based on my installers recommendation vs. using tint film. I think they nailed it!