21 leadfoot paint chipping!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kotykb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures would be optimal when posting about a cosmetic issue such as paint chipping.....

nate_13

Reaction score
As far as the reverse brake being unavailable, by chance are you putting it into gear before all doors are closed? mine was doing the same and i found that if i get in a hurry with the shifter or a doors cracked it will cancel the reverse braking

OP
OP
new raptor

new raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the reverse brake being unavailable, by chance are you putting it into gear before all doors are closed? mine was doing the same and i found that if i get in a hurry with the shifter or a doors cracked it will cancel the reverse braking
No they are closed and turned it off and on and still nothing.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lemon law isnt for what you have going on. i believe the vehicle has to be in the shop for the same problem 3 times and more than 30 days. it does not include cosmetic problems, only mechanical. trying to go the lemon law route will be expensive and time consuming and i doubt you will win. your best bet is to find a different dealer in your area and see what they can do for you. unfortunately i dont ever think the paint will 100% match, ever. it will definitely be close and not noticeable, but if it bothers you that much, trade it in for a different one.

i cant comment on the reverse brake. i havent seen or heard about that so i am unable to provide any info. but if your truck was in the shop for paint AND reverse brake, i believe the time is prorated to deduct the paint time

Rollofire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won’t be able to lemon law the truck as the law states that it has to be something that is a safety issue like engine, brakes , electrical and such. Paint is definitely not covered under lemon laws. Ask em how I know. It has to be in the shop at least 2 times for same problem