21 leadfoot paint chipping!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

new raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 21 ford raptor drivers side fender paint was chipping off. I took it to the ford dealer and they painted it 3 times. I got it back today and the color match is not right again. So this is the 3 time so I think it’s a Lemon. It also came back with reverse brake is not available. So I don’t know what to do. I called ford and they will call me tomorrow. I paid so much for a truck and looks bad with the new paint job. I hope I can get it right or I can get a new truck under California lemon law.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dealer cant match the paint on a new truck, geeez. There should be a reputable dealer with a good painter able to do that repair without an issue. Your shop just has a shiity painter is all, or there paint mixing scale is wrong.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the truck IS already in primer.

Sorry, had to bet @smurfslayer to it.

Ford rep should allow you to find a better bodybshop with a qualified painter. Not what ever shop is on the dealership's payroll.
It's a warranty claim, not insurance. He is free to go to any Ford dealer, not any body shop unfortunately.