21 F150 PowerBoost HP and TQ

• Thread starter Deleted member 17706
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it’s cold in China you’ll also see a lot of coal burning for heat done by individuals in cities and you can not believe how bad the air quality gets.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive seen a few things that suggest the 30 gallon tank will be the only option with the powerboost setup

impressive mileage though

Yep you cannot get a 36G tank with the Powerboost!! Delete the powerboost and it will let you keep the 36G tank! Im curious as to which set up will get you the most miles out of a tank, say you are a 80/20 in town driver!

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think a powerboost raptor would be great. The battery weight would be right where the raptor needs it. Sadly the gas tank would end up being smaller.

4x4ready

Reaction score
The powerboost changes a few things (I own both a 7.2kw powerboost F-150 and a gen3 raptor) including weight distribution and probably would be a different feel / suspension tune. Payload I think would drop due the powerboost equipment, here's a few notes i've learned (just for info):

The A/C compressor is electric, so idle is engine off by default (even with A/C on) until battery depletes then engine fires up to fast charge.
There's a battery under truck bed, not sure how heavy but it's suspended for road abuse but I don' think raptor level abuse but who knows.
If the battery is depleted how does the electric motor keep those power output numbers?
Weight of the following powerboost parts?
- Transmission bell-housing motor
- Battery in truck bed
- DC/DC + DC/AC 2kw or 7.2kw inverters.
-

I notice huge difference in city as a work truck with the Powerboost engine in mpg of-course. Also parked/working and idling is a big difference.

I probably wouldn't want a powerboost raptor given the reason behind that new hybrid is no load/low speed driving.

Last edited: