2023 Torsen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpk

Reaction score
For further demonstration of what I mentioned with the Land Rovers, here's a video showing a Range Rover Evoque with wheels in the air still getting traction to the wheel on the ground. The Range Rover Evoque is the silver car, the Discovery Sport is the white one. A Torsen differential would actually fail in this situation. But the brake based traction control pumps the brake on the Evoque when it has a wheel in the air and forces power to the wheel on the ground. You can see the wheel turn in small amounts and then get stopped. If the Raptor now has this ability, it will probably be better for getting out of things than having a Torsen.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For further demonstration of what I mentioned with the Land Rovers, here's a video showing a Range Rover Evoque with wheels in the air still getting traction to the wheel on the ground. The Range Rover Evoque is the silver car, the Discovery Sport is the white one. A Torsen differential would actually fail in this situation. But the brake based traction control pumps the brake on the Evoque when it has a wheel in the air and forces power to the wheel on the ground. You can see the wheel turn in small amounts and then get stopped. If the Raptor now has this ability, it will probably be better for getting out of things than having a Torsen.

i dont think there is new traction control tech taking place of the torsen guys (the torsen trucks have it too), it's more so hey we're removing the dif for supply chain and profit reasons with the talk track being its not really necessary (which is likely true)

jpk

Reaction score
If the Tremor or the older Raptor with Torsen has the exact same traction control management system, then I'm kinda pissed again.

MNLeadfoot

Reaction score
Does anyone know if turning off the advanced trac have any effect on the supposed brake bias replacement?

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if turning off the advanced trac have any effect on the supposed brake bias replacement?
i think from reading reviews of the raptor R the answer is no, reviewers commented that the brakes were working no matter what the setting was, even specifically trying to donuts in 2wd on sand

MNLeadfoot

Reaction score
i think from reading reviews of the raptor R the answer is no, reviewers commented that the brakes were working no matter what the setting was, even specifically trying to donuts in 2wd on sand
I wonder if they has anything to do with the clicking I hear while drifting in snow with advanced track off

Zybane

Reaction score
i dont think there is new traction control tech taking place of the torsen guys (the torsen trucks have it too), it's more so hey we're removing the dif for supply chain and profit reasons with the talk track being its not really necessary (which is likely true)

Off-roading in my '23 37PP with no Torsen, I've never seen my front brakes send power to the wheel still in contact with the ground, ever. No matter the mode selector. I literally don't think the truck has brake biased traction control at low speed.

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had agonized over a F-150 or F-250 Tremor vs a Raptor and ultimately went with the Raptor because I thought it had the Torsen in front like the Tremors and even more features.

Of all the many reasons to get a Raptor, I never knew Torsen was so high up on the list.