2023 Raptor R slower than TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I heard the same but not paying that much for a truck missing options Ford better get it together.
I agree! I'm out too! I'll bet you couldn't find a single gen 3 owner that would trade their heated steering wheel for a blown V8. Some things are just non-negotiable and I'm glad you've drawn that line in the sand. Good on you. :cool:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hope that’s not the case or the people paying the factory markup of what? $20-35k for an R over a standard Raptor….+ ADM!?!? The R BETTER be noticeably quicker in every measure than the TRX b/c if not? Other than what I’m sure will be a sweet exhaust note….R owners will quickly feel well ripped off unless they need a factory V8 Raptor (similar to wrangler 392)

Of course people will be disappointed. Doesn't mean Ford wouldn't do it. But to be clear, at no point has Ford said that the R will have a faster time than the TRX, people are just assuming it will be. Ford can't technically be blamed for Fords assumptions.

What do I mean? Well plenty of options out there to have a regular F150 5.0 fitted w/ a blower & off-road suspension, & plenty of options soon to be out there to tune a gen3 like a gen2 & then some (I imagine they’ll net a lil higher on the dyno when all said & done vs the gen2 for a few reasons) which has already been established turns a 3.5HO Raptor into something that can run neck & neck w/ TRX

Of course. And I have no doubt that some will even tune their R for more HP.

So I fully expect the R to eat the TRX’s lunch in every measure or they wouldn’t have bothered making it. The 10 speed + 4.10s + lighter weight alone on paper should equate to this

Well, I expected the R to have more HP, but it doesn't. I agree that the R should be faster and people expect it to be faster, I'm just not going to be surprised if it's not. For one thing, it certainly doesn't look like Ford, or Ram for that matter, looks at fast ICE trucks as being vital to the future of their business.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree! I'm out too! I'll bet you couldn't find a single gen 3 owner that would trade their heated steering wheel for a blown V8. Some things are just non-negotiable and I'm glad you've drawn that line in the sand. Good on you. :cool:

My heated steering wheel is in a box in the attic. Do the Gen 2's even have heated mirrors? Don't know. Heated seats are pretty important though. I can deal with cold hands, but not a cold b*tt.

Really though, the cooled seats are more important to me. Not sure I can get another vehicle without them. And would really like a cooled steering wheel.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The raptor R it's a full second slower in a 0 to 60 than the TRX, everyone go ahead and cancel your orders get the word out there that it's really slow dog. Everyone should go get a TRX. When the R shows up on the lots the rest of us will be happy to buy one of these pitifully slow pickups for 5K off MSRP.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The raptor R it's a full second slower in a 0 to 60 than the TRX, everyone go ahead and cancel your orders get the word out there that it's really slow dog. Everyone should go get a TRX. When the R shows up on the lots the rest of us will be happy to buy one of these pitifully slow pickups for 5K off MSRP.

1665088605490.png

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Of course people will be disappointed. Doesn't mean Ford wouldn't do it. But to be clear, at no point has Ford said that the R will have a faster time than the TRX, people are just assuming it will be. Ford can't technically be blamed for Fords assumptions.

Of course. And I have no doubt that some will even tune their R for more HP.

Well, I expected the R to have more HP, but it doesn't. I agree that the R should be faster and people expect it to be faster, I'm just not going to be surprised if it's not. For one thing, it certainly doesn't look like Ford, or Ram for that matter, looks at fast ICE trucks as being vital to the future of their business.

The EV phase is a fad, won’t catch on in our lifetimes (in terms of being anywhere close to majority of the vehicles on road) - for a helluvalot of reasons I don’t need to rehash on here. As it stands….EVs represent well under 5% of all vehicles sold in N America, so ahhhh I’d say ford & RAM are still VERY much concerned w/ making the right ICE vehicles & are entertaining EVs b/c their hands have been forced in a way & the obvious political pressure/agenda, couple terms of an administration who doesn’t give a damn how many EVs you make…..will see how truly enamored ford (or any automaker aside from Tesla/rivian/fisker etc) is in producing full EVs. Hybrids? Sure.

The best selling vehicle in America is and has been the F150, all trucks combined are by far a huge segment, very important right? And ford who’s been the industry leader in sales volume produces an electric “truck” that can’t even tow an empty 1400 lb aluminum trailer 100 miles.

As for the R? I guess we’ll see how it turns out in the real world, hurry up & wait!!!

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And ford who’s been the industry leader in sales volume produces an electric “truck” that can’t even tow an empty 1400 lb aluminum trailer 100 miles.
What’s weird about that story is the guy posted the video railing on how fast that trailer was eating up kwh’s and it caught the attention of major media outlets as that is a BIG deal. All of a sudden Ford contacted him and he reversed course indicating he was happy with the performance. Multiple stories out there on how bad towing performance is. Wonder what Ford leveraged against him to change his tune???