2023 Raptor R Chimes no longer come from the speakers?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NotAnF150

Reaction score
Today, for the first time since purchase in march 2023, chimes through the speakers. Got so excited. Parked for 10 minutes and it’s back to the cheap, single speaker noise. Anyone ever find a permanent fix? Will replacing the battery solve?

NotAnF150

Reaction score
I tried the BMS reset (headlight flash 5x brake tap 3x). Battery light flashes as it is supposed to, but chime is still the same. It’s worse now that I know it can be right…

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our first 2023 bought in December of 2022 chimes through the dash speaker. 2023 I bought in January of 24 chimes through the speakers .funny thing is the early 2023 stereo sounds normal, later 2023 stereo sounds like complete shit. Sounds like front door speakers aren't doin shi!t. Early 2023 has many ota updates , no change. But it also shuts down remote starts through the fordpass app after sitting a days like the battery is bad . Still trying to figure these trucks out.....

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have found that the truck will do an odd set of things when the battery is low. The passenger door will stop locking via the door handle, none of the dome lights will go on, and I noticed that the chime and the proximity sensors will only beep through a single speaker.

Once I put the truck on the charger, all of these issues solve themselves and everything goes back to normal.

I did notice however, if you charge the truck, and then do nothing, i believe that the BMS does not see the battery as full and allows a drain down to occur. Only after you've taken the full battery for a drive do I think the BMS resets and begins to hold a charge again.

Overall, motorcraft batteries are absolute garbage. I hated them in my 2014 Raptor, my wife's old 2017 Explorer, and my GT350 needs a new one because it won't hold a consistent charge.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should try charging the battery like you said and see if that changes anything.
As far as motorcraft batteries go, I've had nothing but outstanding service from them. Last time I changed one was due to its age and figured I should change it. They were lead acid batteries though, not agm.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have to charge it a certain way- you can't just go to the posts or the BMS doesn't see the charge. You have to hook the negative up to an engine ground so the BMS sensor sees the current as it flows from the engine block through the negative cable, which is where the sensor is located. Should all be detailed in your owners manual. The whole system is designed to keep your battery barely charged to save "unnecessary drag" that would come from the alternator charging to a higher voltage.