2023 Raptor Order - Built 11/1/22, not shipped, factory sticker available then deleted :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer was telling me a story the other day about how now just because you have a VIN doesn't mean it will necessarily get made. Now granted this was regarding the mavericks, but he said he has 3 customer place orders for them. They were all scheduled and VINS were assigned, then Ford let them know that the orders were cancelled for what ever reason. I really hope that's not the case with Raptors, but seriously Ford needs to get it all together.
No

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dealer called me a while ago and stated that the heated steering wheel and heated side view mirrors were going to be deleted from my truck. Still, no update, and my order was in September. Nothing but the automated emails from Ford.

CodeOrangeGen3

Reaction score
New to the forum... 2023 Avalanche Grey on order (35s)

Order confirmed 9/5/22
In production 10/26/22
Built 11/1/22

When I received the Ford email that gave me my VIN and took me to the page that has "view window sticker", I noticed that I, like many others here, had my heated steering wheel removed. :(

The odd thing here is that my window sticker was available to view (I actually printed a copy) and about a week or 2 later, it has been removed and the page now takes me to "Please check back later" (your window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle).

I'm not sure to be terrified that they're going to be removing more features now or.......

Thoughts???
That's normal. It will come back soon.

OP
OP
sfreedom97

sfreedom97

Reaction score
My dealer called me a while ago and stated that the heated steering wheel and heated side view mirrors were going to be deleted from my truck. Still, no update, and my order was in September. Nothing but the automated emails from Ford.
Is there a way in telling from the factory sticker if the heated side mirrors have been removed? I didn't know if that's a "deleted option" on the factory window sticker or may just be a hidden removal (like the lcd numeric temp knobs).....

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My raptors been “in production” since the 6th of December. I know not long, but all my modules are populated and I’m able to hit the activate button on my app without error. Dealer showed me a location on their map of where it is and it seems to just be sitting in a lot outside the factory. Maybe waiting in shipping? Not sure why they wouldn’t change it to built. Ford chat says there are no holds on it either and ETA is December 15th. Not confident on that date.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious why the commenter above mentioned that his dealer told him they would be removed then? Dealer error?
Ford put out a bulletin a few weeks before 2023 prod started saying heated steering wheel and heated mirrors were to be deleted. The next week they put out a revised bulletin saying only heated steering would be deleted so that dealer must be only paying attention half the time....

if heated mirrors were deleted, like the steering wheel, there is a unique option code and it would be clearly visible on the sticker

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford put out a bulletin a few weeks before 2023 prod started saying heated steering wheel and heated mirrors were to be deleted. The next week they put out a revised bulletin saying only heated steering would be deleted so that dealer must be only paying attention half the time....

if heated mirrors were deleted, like the steering wheel, there is a unique option code and it would be clearly visible on the sticker
Can confirm, my '23 has deleted steering wheel listed on window sticker. Heated side mirrors still there.

vettvet

Reaction score
I've seen anywhere from one day to 8ish months. Mine was built on 11/19 and shipped on 11/20...sat in the same railyard until yesterday according to Ford. Someone else told me it moved on 11/28 so who knows.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there really isn't a set number of days, and the range is huge. There are shipping delays, and interchanges are backed up. Rail seems to add 15-20 days to the trip if not more. Your $1800 shipping fee is more of a railyard storage fee.
Mine was supposed to built week of 10/31 then the email saying it was on hold “supply chain”. Dealer tells me it is built, has 54 miles on it and is sitting
at the Dearborn proving grounds?
I saw the same steering wheel heater delete on my window sticker.
Have there been any R’s delivered to customers yet?