2023 Raptor Order - Built 11/1/22, not shipped, factory sticker available then deleted :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sfreedom97

Reaction score
New to the forum... 2023 Avalanche Grey on order (35s)

Order confirmed 9/5/22
In production 10/26/22
Built 11/1/22

When I received the Ford email that gave me my VIN and took me to the page that has "view window sticker", I noticed that I, like many others here, had my heated steering wheel removed. :(

The odd thing here is that my window sticker was available to view (I actually printed a copy) and about a week or 2 later, it has been removed and the page now takes me to "Please check back later" (your window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle).

I'm not sure to be terrified that they're going to be removing more features now or.......

Thoughts???

OP
OP
sfreedom97

sfreedom97

Reaction score
It happens when the truck is built. It usually comes back, with the same features/deletes/etc.
Do you know how long on average folks have been waiting for their truck to be shipped once it has been built? I'm surprised it's been sitting "built" for over a month now. Although, I guess anything can happen these days... We are all at the mercy of Ford and whatever they want.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know how long on average folks have been waiting for their truck to be shipped once it has been built? I'm surprised it's been sitting "built" for over a month now. Although, I guess anything can happen these days... We are all at the mercy of Ford and whatever they want.
I've seen anywhere from one day to 8ish months. Mine was built on 11/19 and shipped on 11/20...sat in the same railyard until yesterday according to Ford. Someone else told me it moved on 11/28 so who knows.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there really isn't a set number of days, and the range is huge. There are shipping delays, and interchanges are backed up. Rail seems to add 15-20 days to the trip if not more. Your $1800 shipping fee is more of a railyard storage fee.

OP
OP
sfreedom97

sfreedom97

Reaction score
I've seen anywhere from one day to 8ish months. Mine was built on 11/19 and shipped on 11/20...sat in the same railyard until yesterday according to Ford. Someone else told me it moved on 11/28 so who knows.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there really isn't a set number of days, and the range is huge. There are shipping delays, and interchanges are backed up. Rail seems to add 15-20 days to the trip if not more. Your $1800 shipping fee is more of a railyard storage fee.
Ok, that makes sense. So when do you think you'll be taking delivery of yours considering it has "moved"? What did you end up ordering on your truck? Any deletions?

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, that makes sense. So when do you think you'll be taking delivery of yours considering it has "moved"? What did you end up ordering on your truck? Any deletions?
I have no idea when it will be coming in. I assumed last week honestly, but now hoping for this week. ETA is 12/14 (sixth date given to me).

35, ProPower, Moonroof/tailgate, only the heated wheel delete.

OP
OP
sfreedom97

sfreedom97

Reaction score
I have no idea when it will be coming in. I assumed last week honestly, but now hoping for this week. ETA is 12/14 (sixth date given to me).

35, ProPower, Moonroof/tailgate, only the heated wheel delete.
How are you getting multiple delivery dates? From the dealer or from automated emails from Ford that lead you to the landing page of progress? I haven't received any dates of delivery yet and am curious who will be communicating those....

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you getting multiple delivery dates? From the dealer or from automated emails from Ford that lead you to the landing page of progress? I haven't received any dates of delivery yet and am curious who will be communicating those....
Ford emails, Ford Chat, Ford Performance Chat, and Dealer VVR

OP
OP
sfreedom97

sfreedom97

Reaction score
So, I received an email from Ford yesterday stating that "Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of November 20, 2022, and November 26, 2022, has been updated to between December 11, 2022, and December 17, 2022."

Considering these dates are only between 4 and 10 days away, should I have any sort of confidence that they are "real"? Or more than likely the first in the group of delays I'll be receiving...

scottp6188

Reaction score
My dealer was telling me a story the other day about how now just because you have a VIN doesn't mean it will necessarily get made. Now granted this was regarding the mavericks, but he said he has 3 customer place orders for them. They were all scheduled and VINS were assigned, then Ford let them know that the orders were cancelled for what ever reason. I really hope that's not the case with Raptors, but seriously Ford needs to get it all together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free