2023 Raptor - Bad Gateway Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That royally sucks. Hope you get it resolved and get your part in so you can enjoy your truck. Atleast they got you a rental....so many dealers will leave you walking.

OP
OP
jeffsc08

jeffsc08

Reaction score
Day 24 - very little comms from dealer and Ford customer service. Latest, Monday, was the part is still on back order. My customer rep doesn’t even respond to questions - provides me a “weekly”‘update where the email is 90% canned…..

OP
OP
jeffsc08

jeffsc08

Reaction score
I’ve once had a mechanical issue right after purchase and the ford dealer paid for 2 months of car payments while they worked on it a few times. Was only out of my posession for maybe 2 weeks total but overlapped 2 months. So some dealerships are helpful, just ask “politely” if they will make ur payment while it sits on the lot waiting for repairs. Cause ur payments are for sure not what you’de be paying on that loaner truck.
What if I don’t have a payment? I have the title - I’m still out 91K and I still have to pay insurance and property tax on it…..that continues to add up as well….

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What if I don’t have a payment? I have the title - I’m still out 91K and I still have to pay insurance and property tax on it…..that continues to add up as well….
If it hits 30 days, consider asking for a maintenance plan or extended warranty. Both are worth a couple grand at least. An extended warranty would make up for the days being accumulated while it’s out of service.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it hits 30 days, consider asking for a maintenance plan or extended warranty. Both are worth a couple grand at least. An extended warranty would make up for the days being accumulated while it’s out of service.
I was out of service for two calendar months, about the same as the 30 weekdays out of service needed to trigger a buyback in Colorado, and Ford extended my warranty and gave me a service contract. The service contract is pretty much worthless, it's basically an oil change every 10k miles, so go for the warranty if you have a choice.

OP
OP
jeffsc08

jeffsc08

Reaction score
Latest update - no ETA on part. Ford iniitiated the buyback process and my case has been sent over to the reacquisition vehicle (RAV) team….waiting to hear from them and what options they will propose…..I guess that part, the gateway module is just not available…..

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Latest update - no ETA on part. Ford iniitiated the buyback process and my case has been sent over to the reacquisition vehicle (RAV) team….waiting to hear from them and what options they will propose…..I guess that part, the gateway module is just not available…..
Hopefully they get you a new truck ordered and expedited, with the gateway module haha