2023 Ford Raptor R orders will open after debut.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don’t know if ’18-20 when Raptors... most cases below msrp’ is accurate.

late ’16 - mid ’17: MSRP was the gold standard, with many paying ADM. I bought in this time period.

My recollection, and that’s questionable was that ’18 had many folks buying at MSRP and later in ’18, we were seeing peeps getting under MSRP deals.
’19-’20 I think we were seeing an initial ‘closer to MSRP’ spike that quickly trailed off.

Jen Too prices are still quite good if you’re selling.

Either way, I agree about the demand. Ford is producing a truck people want, much to the chagrin of ol’ Squatch...

Southocplumber

Reaction score
I hope the order banks open before 6/30. A dealership here has a big ad campaign about how they don't charge over msrp. But, the offer ends on 6/30.

Locking them to msrp, plus a 2017 scab trade in, and I'll get it for less than I paid for my 17.
I hope you get it , I really hope the R is available to regular joes and not only dudes with deep pockets

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That problem you refer to is called market forces. There is more demand for the Raptor than the TRX, regardless of your opinion of either vehicle. The TRX might be the best thing since sliced bread but consumers don't seem to think so.

Personally I've seen enough Ram 1500's in different shapes and configurations come apart that I wouldn't even consider one, discounted or not. But that's just me. Ford definitely has its issues but with 1/2 ton Fiats, it's when, not if. The integrity of MSRP simply reflects this sentiment.
I disagree with that last line. I think MSRP it’s like any other products. Would you buy Nike shoes for $100 even if MSRP is 150? There is a garden center by my house first and the trees are marked down 50% year around but we all know they just marked it up 100% percent. Would you buy the TRX if it was 55k but ADM was 15k?? That’s what Ford is doing. Or Ram. However you look at the glass.
I have 114k on my Raptor and still love it. So I’m not hating.

Last edited:

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had good luck finding these trucks for MSRP, I had three open orders for MSRP at one point and went with the only 37 truck I managed to find. Hopefully the same can be said for the R.....

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I disagree with that last line. I think MSRP it’s like any other products. Would you buy Nike shoes for $100 even if MSRP is 150? There is a garden center by my house first and the trees are marked down 50% year around but we all know they just marked it up 100% percent. Would you buy the TRX if it was 55k but ADM was 15k?? That’s what Ford is doing. Or Ram. However you look at the glass.
I have 114k on my Raptor and still love it. So I’m not hating.

Nah, MSRP has a different meaning, or impact, depending on the particular market. Your Nike shoes example is probably more about fashion than function. A huge discount is an indication that it's out of fashion and therefore less desirable even though they maintain the same function at a cheaper price. The price is intentionally inflated so that it can be viewed as a luxary item and more desirably....until it's out of fashion and they are happy to just get rid of it. (I personally wouldn't buy Nike at any price because of their woke BS).

There are also many products these days where the MSRP is essentially the only price you can find, and the manufacturer doesn't allow the product to be sold at any other price. Only sales are manufacture approved sales, and the retailer gets a set cut of sales no matter what.

Your garden center example likely doesn't even have a real MSRP, since the tress don't have a set manufacturer who sets retail prices. The center is just using s sales gimmick to satisfy customers desire to get a good deal...knowing that there customers may not know or care, that the sale price is the everyday price.

Typical autos are completely different. MSRP is mostly just a number automakers throw out to the media for comparison purposes. Dealers are under no obligation to sell at, below, or above the MSRP are almost always going to price it according to the current market over anything else. And autos are much more on the functional side than something like shoes, though certainly not immune to fashion motivations.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, MSRP has a different meaning, or impact, depending on the particular market. Your Nike shoes example is probably more about fashion than function. A huge discount is an indication that it's out of fashion and therefore less desirable even though they maintain the same function at a cheaper price. The price is intentionally inflated so that it can be viewed as a luxary item and more desirably....until it's out of fashion and they are happy to just get rid of it. (I personally wouldn't buy Nike at any price because of their woke BS).

There are also many products these days where the MSRP is essentially the only price you can find, and the manufacturer doesn't allow the product to be sold at any other price. Only sales are manufacture approved sales, and the retailer gets a set cut of sales no matter what.

Your garden center example likely doesn't even have a real MSRP, since the tress don't have a set manufacturer who sets retail prices. The center is just using s sales gimmick to satisfy customers desire to get a good deal...knowing that there customers may not know or care, that the sale price is the everyday price.

Typical autos are completely different. MSRP is mostly just a number automakers throw out to the media for comparison purposes. Dealers are under no obligation to sell at, below, or above the MSRP are almost always going to price it according to the current market over anything else. And autos are much more on the functional side than something like shoes, though certainly not immune to fashion motivations.
If the Raptor R goes for 100k msrp but dealers were selling it for 95k, would buyers be getting a good deal? Or if they were selling for 110k would you be getting ripped off? Old saying “Value is I the eye of the beholder” rings true if you’re not buying to flip it for profit, but buying for keeps. If the the only difference in the R and the 37 is the engine and nothing more, then it should be easy to put a personal value on it. For me, it’s 8k. I also believe the 37 is worth only 2k more then the 35. So I would pay only 10k more then I would for a 35. Obviously I would never get one, as enough people value it more then I do, and they will sell out. I’m at a different stage I’m life now. I paid 62k for my used 2013 Raptor in 2015 that had a msrp of 52,300 because I thought it was the last of it’s kind. The same will go for the R. Many people believe it will be the last of its kind. A rolling middle finger to the people who push Green Energy on everyone. So the R will have 15-20 ADM unfortunately. But it will be a small market. As I predict Ford will only produce 10% of the amount they did for the 37 package.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am on the list now - MSRP and happy about that. Not sure which vehicle to trade on it… keeping Shelby, and diesel…. So the 6.2 must go.