2023 Ford Raptor R orders will open after debut.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's zero reason to buy a TRX if Ford offers a S/C V8 Raptor. The TRX is uglier, heavier, less reliable and made by a foreign company.
While I agree with most points I’d say Ford reliability over RAM is questionable.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fastest production car you mean? Just curious as to what you mean, in regards to 0-60, 1/8 mile, 1/4, etc? I’m guessing (truly a guess) that the longer the race the less the “gap” between the fastest gasoline production car and the fastest Tesla is.

I agree that an electric doesn’t do much for me either.
A Model S Plaid runs 9’s in the 1/4 mile. That’s insane for a luxury/family sedan from the showroom floor.

The majority of racing takes place from 0-100mph, there isn’t much out there (if anything) aside from twin turbo Lambos and Vipers (on radials or slicks) that can touch that.

But again, the EV thing does nothing for me.

Southocplumber

Reaction score
There's zero reason to buy a TRX if Ford offers a S/C V8 Raptor. The TRX is uglier, heavier, less reliable and made by a foreign company.
If the price dif is 50k or more than I can think of 50k reasons to buy a trx over a raptor R , now if they were to come within 10k then that’s a dif story but money is a subjective thing , as a plumber I work on homes that are over 10 mil , I also work on condos that are $650,000 so there is a large gap. Personally as a blue collar guy I have to factor cost + value into making my purchases , some people can go buy a plane or a Yacht like it’s any other purchase , for most one has to truly find the value or it’s just their ultimate dream car they have want forever……. Then there’s the American consumer that will stretch themselves to the brink on credit so they will feel fulfilled on materialism and try to impress strangers but that’s usually fleeting. I remember when badass trucks had I beam front ends , springs and shock hoops in the bed , also a tube front bumper and skid plate with unpainted flare fenders in a f150 or ranger platform , most of those trucks saw 10x the off-road action any of these super trucks ever will and cost a fraction of them

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I remember when badass trucks had I beam front ends , springs and shock hoops in the bed , also a tube front bumper and skid plate with unpainted flare fenders in a f150 or ranger platform , most of those trucks saw 10x the off-road action any of these super trucks ever will and cost a fraction of them
What do you mean remember when?....................

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look man - buy what makes you happy.

That said, the Raptor on 37’s is knocking on the TRX’s door when you look at MSRP. The problem is the current Raptor (35 and 37 package) has huge markups where the TRX can be ordered for thousands off sticker. The markup on the R is going to be insane. I’d bet $20,000 - $30,000 at least. That makes the TRX the better priced vehicle all day long.
That problem you refer to is called market forces. There is more demand for the Raptor than the TRX, regardless of your opinion of either vehicle. The TRX might be the best thing since sliced bread but consumers don't seem to think so.

Personally I've seen enough Ram 1500's in different shapes and configurations come apart that I wouldn't even consider one, discounted or not. But that's just me. Ford definitely has its issues but with 1/2 ton Fiats, it's when, not if. The integrity of MSRP simply reflects this sentiment.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope the order banks open before 6/30. A dealership here has a big ad campaign about how they don't charge over msrp. But, the offer ends on 6/30.

Locking them to msrp, plus a 2017 scab trade in, and I'll get it for less than I paid for my 17.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
That problem you refer to is called market forces. There is more demand for the Raptor than the TRX, regardless of your opinion of either vehicle. The TRX might be the best thing since sliced bread but consumers don't seem to think so.

Personally I've seen enough Ram 1500's in different shapes and configurations come apart that I wouldn't even consider one, discounted or not. But that's just me. Ford definitely has its issues but with 1/2 ton Fiats, it's when, not if. The integrity of MSRP simply reflects this sentiment.
Only time will tell if the TRX is a good vehicle. I’ve got almost 9,000 on my TRX without issue, and I hope it remains that way as I continue to put miles on it. I’m not blind in the fact that I bought a first year model, and I hope that doesn’t bite me in the ass.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the price dif is 50k or more than I can think of 50k reasons to buy a trx over a raptor R , now if they were to come within 10k then that’s a dif story but money is a subjective thing , as a plumber I work on homes that are over 10 mil , I also work on condos that are $650,000 so there is a large gap. Personally as a blue collar guy I have to factor cost + value into making my purchases , some people can go buy a plane or a Yacht like it’s any other purchase , for most one has to truly find the value or it’s just their ultimate dream car they have want forever……. Then there’s the American consumer that will stretch themselves to the brink on credit so they will feel fulfilled on materialism and try to impress strangers but that’s usually fleeting. I remember when badass trucks had I beam front ends , springs and shock hoops in the bed , also a tube front bumper and skid plate with unpainted flare fenders in a f150 or ranger platform , most of those trucks saw 10x the off-road action any of these super trucks ever will and cost a fraction of them
Agreed. If I gotta shell out 50k more than my 22' 37, there's no way. I'm halfway to a 997 911 Turbo at that point. Now 10-15k is going to be a different story. Especially since I anticipate the value of these staying high if not skyrocketing when Ford discontinues them in a year or two.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This isn't really the whole story. Ford has been terrible with producing and delivering G3 Raptors, so it exaggerates the "demand". Their allocation sales model also skews things. I don't believe the demand is that much different than in 18-20 when Raptors could be had easily, in most cases below MSRP and in many closer to invoice.