2023 Ford Raptor R orders will open after debut.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThankU45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 37 (MY22 bought at MSRP, pre-price increase) was ~$84K (without sales tax, tonneau cover, etc.). There were 3 dealers offering $9-10K off any model of the TRX, and I priced the fully loaded version which (with the $9K off sticker) came out to exactly what I paid for the Raptor.

So I'd be shocked if the R was available for less than the TRX. I'd imagine it might sticker at or slightly higher than the TRX, but the "market" price will be vastly different - given the $9-10K discounts on the TRX and the ADMs on the R.

My best to all those who end up getting it, I hope you can get one for $0 or very low ADM.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's as ugly as the back end of one of @Oldfart's goats after a vigorous session of affection, but it's small enough to weasel through narrow jeep roads and that tank turn? Holy crap, that's a dream for crawling. And drag racing to the nearest Starsucks? You're gonna get your ass handed to you. If you're not careful, the best thing you'll be able to say is how much better the gen 2 sounds than the Rivian. LOL
They look better in person. Although I may not be able to get that image of oldfart of out of my head now when I walk around my truck, so thanks for that.

Attachments

• Tint1.jpg
    Tint1.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 50

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL Good point. I always try to ignore those who can kick my ass without hardly trying. :)
Same here. The fastest car in the world is a Tesla Model S Plaid. But I have zero interest in having it, even though I love brutal acceleration in cars, and it’s within financial reach, it does absolutely nothing for me.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor will not be tens of thousands more expensive than the TRX. It'll probably be priced exactly the same as a TRX, maybe less.
The Raptor R will be without question a lot more expensive then the TRX. Normal 37 Raptors are nearly the same as a TRX, if you can get one without ADM.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor R will be without question a lot more expensive then the TRX. Normal 37 Raptors are nearly the same as a TRX, if you can get one without ADM.
Ahh- again with the "37" part and ADMs.

Do TRXs come with 37s?

ADMs vary from a lot to none, depending on where you live and who you know, so I don't consider that as part of the price.

We'll all know who's right about the price vs a TRX in a few months...

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL Good point. I always try to ignore those who can kick my ass without hardly trying. :)
In all fairness if you are referring to speed, it depends on the race. If it is from a roll a lot of that instant torque advantage is negated.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same here. The fastest car in the world is a Tesla Model S Plaid. But I have zero interest in having it, even though I love brutal acceleration in cars, and it’s within financial reach, it does absolutely nothing for me.
Fastest production car you mean? Just curious as to what you mean, in regards to 0-60, 1/8 mile, 1/4, etc? I’m guessing (truly a guess) that the longer the race the less the “gap” between the fastest gasoline production car and the fastest Tesla is.

I mean if we wanted to get silly, top fuel can run 1/4 mile sub 4.5 at like 330mph lol.

Not to derail, but I read once they are approximately 12,000 horsepower (can’t exactly dyno it) and run like 55-60psi out of a roots blower. That’s nuts.

I agree that an electric doesn’t do much for me either.