2023 Ford Raptor R orders will open after debut.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bigger brakes are tough unless you go with 20 inch wheels,
Alcons will bolt right up and fit under 17's. Roush already carries a big brake setup for 17's. It's just that Ford isn't taking the next step and offering this option.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220720-052454_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220720-052454_Chrome.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 24

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bad...... I have owned three Gen 2 and now a Gen 3 never looked into bigger brakes really as I was just ok with stock performance. I did just order order an R and admit I will look into doing this. I have a feeling I will be diving a little faster. Will these work on the R trucks I wonder. Every year they are more and more computer controlled and nannied.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something to think about (as all the reviews refer to "Trophy Truck" performance): this is a 700 engine hp vehicle on 37" tires, with the actual operating weight over 3 tons (when you include crew, fuel, extra spare, tools, etc). Those numbers are similar to TT's built around 2010. (They are now up to 1000+ engine hp, on 40+" tires). A 2010-era Trophy Truck (with a Culhane 700 trans and an underdrive) was definitely putting less hp to the ground than this 2023 Raptor R does with the 10R80 unit.

Kurator

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alcons will bolt right up and fit under 17's. Roush already carries a big brake setup for 17's. It's just that Ford isn't taking the next step and offering this option.
I believe Alcon still cannot get their head out of their asses and make big brake kit for rear wheels on raptors (something to do with electronic parking brake). I installed BBK from R1 Concepts at 3,000 miles and my pads are still good as new, 20,000 miles after.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I totally didn’t take any umbrage. and if I did, I’d be reconsidering my priorities. It’s FRF. Help our brothers & sisters out, shun and excommunicate the trolls.

I hope Ford delivers on the R model, despite having predicted they won’t.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"I believe Alcon still cannot get their head out of their asses and make big brake kit for rear wheels on raptors (something to do with electronic parking brake)". Not an issue on the older, heavier Gen 1 Raptor.