2023 For Lightning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarbonFiber01

Reaction score
I am definitely not one to be into the EV trucks but I was at the dealership and was offered the keys to the new Lightning. So I said what the hell, let’s check it out. I liked the huge vertical screen in the dash. And then there’s the acceleration! Holy shit Batman! This thing MOVES!!!
As for the 300 mile range and that it cuts in half when you’re towing, it’s not very practical. But hell, I was impressed!

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a thread a few weeks ago on this. I have one and while I like it, it isn't working well for interstate travel. My range is dropping from around 3.2m/kWh to 2.2-2.3m/kWh when driving 75mph. That means around 250 miles for the ER and 210 for the SR. Then factor in stopping at 20%, so you're talking about a lot of stops for a decent trip.

It is fast. It rides well, and the frunk is useful. Charges at your home are much cheaper than people try to claim.

OP
OP
C

CarbonFiber01

Reaction score
There was a thread a few weeks ago on this. I have one and while I like it, it isn't working well for interstate travel. My range is dropping from around 3.2m/kWh to 2.2-2.3m/kWh when driving 75mph. That means around 250 miles for the ER and 210 for the SR. Then factor in stopping at 20%, so you're talking about a lot of stops for a decent trip.

It is fast. It rides well, and the frunk is useful. Charges at your home are much cheaper than people try to claim.
Ridiculous

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Didn’t TFL truck run the batteries dry at a tick over 50 miles while towing?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

Not trying to bash you, but since you live in Houston, what is the plan for hurricane evacuation with the huge traffic jams? Take the wife's car and leave the electric truck at home?