2023 First Battle Wound - Broken Grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting…my policy actually states that missile damage is not covered by my insurance. Not even joking…

dthiss

Reaction score
That sucks I’ve taken my grill off twice once to install the BD linkable light bar and then once to install the front camera relocation. It’s really not that hard. In the Gen 3 lighting section find one of the BD linkable light threads. There is a video that will help with removal.

OP
OP
G

GLF5

Reaction score
Leave as is and consider it the "East Coast" version of "Arizona pinstriping," if you will...
High likelihood of this!
That sucks I’ve taken my grill off twice once to install the BD linkable light bar and then once to install the front camera relocation. It’s really not that hard. In the Gen 3 lighting section find one of the BD linkable light threads. There is a video that will help with removal.
Thank you, those videos were just what I needed to see.

Thanks to everyone else, I'm not looking to add any lights but definitely some good ideas.

OP
OP
G

GLF5

Reaction score
I know your pain; I fed a hawk to my gen2 at about 70 mph and did $2300 worth of damage to my truck/grille. I went the insurance route as I have a zero deductible for “acts of god”.

I had my buddy who owns an auto body shop order the new grille and I put it on myself. Not terrible but tedious and not something you want to rush through. Youtube University helped me complete the task.
$2300? Wow, thats crazy. Was that the cost of the grill or was there other damage? If by chance you can find a part number for the grill it would be helpful.

Thanks

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look on those F150 forums for how to replace… plenty of fraptor grills on there.

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$2300? Wow, thats crazy. Was that the cost of the grill or was there other damage? If by chance you can find a part number for the grill it would be helpful.

Thanks
There was more than just the grille broken; it was my gen 2 so a part number won't help you. The grille for my 2020 retail was $1200, plus it broke all the active shutters behind the grille, scratched the hell out of the bumper/front facia piece.