2023 F150 Raptor Technical Specifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrClean

Reaction score
From the specs, it’s seems to be the same as the GT500 aside from supercharger pulley changes and new exhaust manifolds.

I did notice the build location is listed as Dearborn, MI and not Romeo, MI. I’m guessing it’s just an error on the spec sheet.
That’s where the engine is being built, not the truck. Engine is hand built on the Romeo niche line which is being permanently shutdown in December.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Watched it. My comment stands, same exact truck as a regular 37 for the most part - they probably had to beef the transmission for the extra power.
They beefed up the tourqe convertor, deeper oilpan, and a lot more.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
11.5 quarts of oil, yikes, call it an even case with some for a top off of AMSoil signature , also the video I watched said the oil filter is different from the regular GT500 engine. It will produce some heat that is for sure. I hear Special filter and instantly think I need to find a few of those once I know this thing will get built.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
The biggest glaring omission with the R is the brakes. How could they?

A panic stop in a tuned Gen 2 is already scary.
I agree, it's really hard to understand how they missed upgrading the brakes on a heavy truck with this much power.

Should have been upgraded to Brembo.

skidmarcx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the electronically controlled brake booster can be programmed differently for the R and maybe that’s how it gets more stopping power? I agree same brakes would be ludicrous… since we’re counting cosmetic differences let’s not forget the hood

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
The biggest glaring omission with the R is the brakes. How could they?

A panic stop in a tuned Gen 2 is already scary.

The Gen 3 brakes are way better than Gen 2, in my opinion anyway. Feels like a normal vehicle. lol. Maybe it's the live valves which my '18 doesn't have, seems to have a lot less front end dive which would help. Anyway, I feel a lot more confident and can really tailgate a fool in traffic now.

OP
OP
xxxMannimalxxx

xxxMannimalxxx

Reaction score
From the specs, it’s seems to be the same as the GT500 aside from supercharger pulley changes and new exhaust manifolds.

I did notice the build location is listed as Dearborn, MI and not Romeo, MI.

I did notice the build location is listed as Dearborn, MI and not Romeo, MI. I’m guessing it’s just an error on the spec sheet.

According to Brian Lazott (Design Supervisor of the 5.2 engine) interviewed by TFL Talk, the plant is being moved to Dearborn. It will be a new niche assembly line, right next door to the Dearborn truck plant. "Lots of strong reasons to do that".

(19:15). LINK (YOUTUBE)