2022 Upfitter Switch 1 Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor_nj

Reaction score
I was hoping y’all could help me with an upfitter issue. I swapped out the factory fogs with Baja Designs triple setup and used the factory harness for both the cornering lights and the two sport/driving combos, but the upfitter 1 switch is not working and there is no power to the lights. (It did work with the factory fogs)

It appears there is no power going to the tails. The fuses are good, all the lights work if I connect them to the fog switch and the upfitter switch illuminates inside the truck. Any idea what happened or where the factory wiring terminates so I can trace? Or any other suggestions?

As a side note, my upfitter 2 switch works perfectly for behind the grill lights.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sure you didnt hook them to the fog harness? Try turning the fog light switch on to see if they are hooked to that circuit instead of upfitter 1?

OP
OP
R

raptor_nj

Reaction score
Tried that. In fact, they work if I connect them to that harness. Been trying to test every possible scenario that I can think of. It is odd there is no power to the tails. I am starting to think it is a ground issue.

OP
OP
R

raptor_nj

Reaction score
Yes, that is what the behind the grille lights are connected to. In fact, switch 1 is not even located there.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping y’all could help me with an upfitter issue. I swapped out the factory fogs with Baja Designs triple setup and used the factory harness for both the cornering lights and the two sport/driving combos, but the upfitter 1 switch is not working and there is no power to the lights. (It did work with the factory fogs)

It appears there is no power going to the tails. The fuses are good, all the lights work if I connect them to the fog switch and the upfitter switch illuminates inside the truck. Any idea what happened or where the factory wiring terminates so I can trace? Or any other suggestions?

As a side note, my upfitter 2 switch works perfectly for behind the grill lights.
Pretty sure the kits from Baja designs intends for the 2 squadrons to be run off a relay direct to battery. I don’t think the factory wiring is rated for that amperage. The fog light kit I got from them came with wiring to do it this way. Maybe you blew the fuse?

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may want to try the other switches. Maybe someone got them hooked up wrong and the #3-#6 swithches may energize it.

OP
OP
R

raptor_nj

Reaction score
Tried the other switches and the fuse. It is really odd that no power is going to the tail. Any idea if there is another relay for the switches anywhere?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tried that. In fact, they work if I connect them to that harness. Been trying to test every possible scenario that I can think of. It is odd there is no power to the tails. I am starting to think it is a ground issue.
What do you mean by power to the tails? Check Fuse 62. From what i gathered, The Rigid industries packaged Raptors use Switch 1 but the power actually comes from upfitter relay 3 (fuse 62). I would assume non Rigid Trucks are wired normally for the upfitter wires. Either use the wire that is already ran or use a different upfitter switch to power your lights. I bought connectors to fit the factory harness. Also, That is only rated at 10 Amps. You wont be able to run all 6 lights off of that one circuit.

1657062738082.png
1657063545141.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

raptor_nj

Reaction score
What do you mean by power to the tails? Check Fuse 62. From what i gathered, The Rigid industries packaged Raptors use Switch 1 but the power actually comes from upfitter relay 3 (fuse 62). I would assume non Rigid Trucks are wired normally for the upfitter wires. Either use the wire that is already ran or use a different upfitter switch to power your lights. I bought connectors to fit the factory harness. Also, That is only rated at 10 Amps. You wont be able to run all 6 lights off of that one circuit.

View attachment 361854
View attachment 361859