2022 Replacement LED parts thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnrush16

Reaction score
Have any of you folks swapped out the plain dual zone temp section for the LCD temp reading? My OCD really wants to add that back in. “Plug and play” can still be a tedious process.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a 12 page thread on the F-150 gen 14 forum with lots of info on the ambient updating with video and P/N's. There's also a member there making the custom wiring harnesses.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have any of you folks swapped out the plain dual zone temp section for the LCD temp reading? My OCD really wants to add that back in. “Plug and play” can still be a tedious process.
Someone here posted they did it, showed pics, part number. Another member then followed suit. I want it also. Found one on eBay for about $350 but it was scratched. The OEM part through ford is $850. And if you do look for it used, be careful as there are letters at the end of the part number that can differ. But they need to match.

Ryno8551

Reaction score
I have replaced all four door lights and I'm working up the courage to put the cup holder light back in, but pulling the interior out of a brand new truck is nerve wracking......
How did the door panels come off? Do you need to pull the entire panel off?

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did the door panels come off? Do you need to pull the entire panel off?
Yes, entire panel needs to come off. It has a few bolts. There are YouTube videos that show in detail the removal of 2021-2022 for panel removal.... super easy.

Clodmiran

Reaction score
I love the marker lights. I found out that the Raptor needs these lights due to the truck's width (not height). When Ford widened the Raptor to allow for the Fox Shocks and aggressive stance, it pushed it over that 80″ width rule, meaning they had to have clearance lights. Moreover, I love interior car lighting. It has several colors that come in handy when you want to match them with your mood. Also, it was surprising to me that not all models have light in the cupholders.

Last edited:

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was it worth it?
Just ordered $386 worth of interior lights that Ford omitted... Wondering if its all worth it...
$1000 would be worth it. What’s not worth it is the time and hassle of pulling apart a new truck and having to mod some things to fit those parts. If someone told me for $1000 the offered a service there I drop the truck off for a day and it comes back with all this perfectly done I’d do it.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to order the ‘21 cup holders ($29) but Ford parts can’t seem to get the right part. You’d definitely have to trim the ‘22 piece and the cup tensioners would be slightly ’off’.
Was there ever an update on this? Also, is there any instructions how to do this swap (including part numbers)? I would really like to add those cup holder lights into my '22.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I love the marker lights. I found out that the Raptor needs these lights due to the truck's width (not height). When Ford widened the Raptor to allow for the Fox Shocks and aggressive stance, it pushed it over that 80″ width rule, meaning they had to have clearance lights. Moreover, I love interior car lighting. It has several colors that come in handy when you want to match them with your mood. Also, it was surprising to me that not all models have light in the cupholders.

Your embedded link shows led strips that only offer 16 million different colors. That is not enough for me. Thanks though.