2022 Replacement LED parts thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mainly want the light back where my phone charger is. When driving at night, you have to actively take your eyes off the road to put your phone there. Its a little dangerous almost since its so dark in that cubby.

Did anyone see which forum member that you ask for the modules? The main writeup says you can't ask for them there, but doesn't say who is the point of contact to BUY them.
Send John an email. [email protected]

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I am not overly sold on the price necessary to get the HVAC fixed (after my 2014 Raptor, 2017 Explorer, and 2018 GT350 all display the temp at the top of the screen), but having those LEDs in means a lot.

Now is just a matter of finding a shop local to me that would feel comfortable doing the work because breaking the trim work is a concern of mine.

ATXraptor75

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mainly want the light back where my phone charger is. When driving at night, you have to actively take your eyes off the road to put your phone there. Its a little dangerous almost since its so dark in that cubby.

Did anyone see which forum member that you ask for the modules? The main writeup says you can't ask for them there, but doesn't say who is the point of contact to BUY them.
Also interested in this

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure if the guy that makes the harness is on here, but his user name on another forum is JHForman812. I just sold the lights and cup holders that I had to someone else that was retrofitting it all.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dealer did mine today. Charged one hour labor $168. Worth it to me to have them do it. The numbers worked but they said they needed to reprogram because the heated seats and steering wheel wasn’t working. They did that and it’s perfect.
image.jpg
Yep, 69, my favorite number and position.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have the cup holder with LEDs and the media bin light, the glove box light and a wire harness is on order.

Can anyone confirm if this wire harness I ordered is the one to make it all work?

Or am I missing another piece? Want to make sure I have everything. Thanks.

HC3Z-14A318-E

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those who have done the climate control swap, I’m assuming that the process is the same as when doing the Explorer climate control swap.

1) Use Forscan to save the HVAC Module “As Built” settings.
2) Swap out climate control unit (making sure that the Part # matches between old and new units)
3) In Forscan, load the saved “As Built” HVAC Module file and write that file to the vehicle.
4) Enjoy the temperature displays on the control buttons as they should have been in the first place.

Is that correct?

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI:

I was able to get in contact with
Mr. Forman via his email and he is making me the required harness. $80 shipped.

Now I just have to gather the nerve to remove the interior pieces and hope I don’t break them.

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI:

I was able to get in contact with
Mr. Forman via his email and he is making me the required harness. $80 shipped.

Now I just have to gather the nerve to remove the interior pieces and hope I don’t break them.
If you decide to go through with it, let us know how difficult it was and pictures of the results please.