2022 Replacement LED parts thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just ordered the temp control unit. I gotta have the temp on the dials. Make me nuts not having it.

Ive looked but can’t find instructions on how to replace by removing trim, etc. I know I saw it somewhere. Any help would be appreciated before I wind up f’ing up my interior. To say I’ve been described as a bull in a China shop is an understatement (although Myth Busters debunked that). After taking apart the front of my first SxS to install winch, which I did not succeed in doing, I wound up with a soup bowl of nuts, bolts and fasteners left over. Sure glad they didn’t notice the radiator flopping in the breeze upon trade in.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey MDJAK
Have you had a chance to install the temp control unit yet?
No. I’ve been busy with other things. I may not do it myself. Looking at it, there is a lot of trim etc that needs to be removed and I’ve been known to crack and break clips. I may ask the dealer what they want to do it. I figure they’d charge 2 hours labor which isn’t that bad.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My only slight worry is after 2 hours or so they may claim it doesn’t work. It does clearly say on back of unit discard if dropped. How the heck can it be so fragile in an off road vehicle?

22R37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed it in 30 minutes, unfortunately it didn’t work. Only two or three buttons were functioning, interestingly the digital dials were working. My unit was installed previously, you could see the screw marks. So either it was damaged or it needs programming, anyway it is on it’s way back.

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed it in 30 minutes, unfortunately it didn’t work. Only two or three buttons were functioning, interestingly the digital dials were working. My unit was installed previously, you could see the screw marks. So either it was damaged or it needs programming, anyway it is on its way back.
You may need to program it with ForScan.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you will be able to add back the LED temp display knobs as well..

Theres a lot of "it can be done" without any real videos or instructions of how to do it.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mainly want the light back where my phone charger is. When driving at night, you have to actively take your eyes off the road to put your phone there. Its a little dangerous almost since its so dark in that cubby.

Did anyone see which forum member that you ask for the modules? The main writeup says you can't ask for them there, but doesn't say who is the point of contact to BUY them.