2022 raptor that I don’t want coming to dealership at msrp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Both of you buy it, just like a husband and wife. Title it in both names, when you register it, remove your name. Simple process

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both of you buy it, just like a husband and wife. Title it in both names, when you register it, remove your name. Simple process
Tried that, they said if anyone else’s name is on registration or I tried to even use a co-signer, 10k ADM

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tried that, they said if anyone else’s name is on registration or I tried to even use a co-signer, 10k ADM
So you buy it…turn right round & sell to your family member. Is this not an option? You’re not flipping it, so to speak, as you’re looking to gain nothing in the transaction. Just giving a family member an assist.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you buy it…turn right round & sell to your family member. Is this not an option? You’re not flipping it, so to speak, as you’re looking to gain nothing in the transaction. Just giving a family member an assist.
Taxes here bring it to around 5500$ and then he would have to pay a little less than that too. Over 10k by the end of it and they know it

MKW1456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. You must have a good dealer. My Bronco that’s coming in next week has been under contention because I don’t want it but have a family member that does…but the dealer claimed if I wasn’t the only one on the registration they would add 10k to the price
I had a 2023 Azure 37 ordered in July and it was ready to pick up in Dec. In the meantime I bought a TRX with the Tyrant package from Granger Ram. I didn’t want to sell the TRX but didn’t want to back out of my Raptor order as to keep a good relationship with my local ford dealer for future orders/allocations. I had a buddy that wanted the Raptor so what we did is I purchased the truck and had both of our names on the title (in SD you can do “or” in the title). Down the road he will have the registration and title moved over to his name only. This also avoided having to pay taxes twice. Not an option for everyone but worked for us.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2023 Azure 37 ordered in July and it was ready to pick up in Dec. In the meantime I bought a TRX with the Tyrant package from Granger Ram. I didn’t want to sell the TRX but didn’t want to back out of my Raptor order as to keep a good relationship with my local ford dealer for future orders/allocations. I had a buddy that wanted the Raptor so what we did is I purchased the truck and had both of our names on the title (in SD you can do “or” in the title). Down the road he will have the registration and title moved over to his name only. This also avoided having to pay taxes twice. Not an option for everyone but worked for us.
We discussed this and decided to do it. I contacted the salesman to let them know we were doing it and they then said if it had someone else, they would still add 10k ADM. I’m not sure the legality behind that, but just decided to let it go.