2022 Raptor Tailgate Applique Notice!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hassf

Reaction score
I just got a brand new 2022 raptor with the moonroof and tailgate package. However, due to supply shortages, the unique raptor tailgate applique had to be removed in order to complete the build on time.

Below is the message given to all dealers about the unavailability of the raptor tailgate applique:

“The Rear Applique (standard on 801A) is going
to be a heavily controlled commodity going
forward. Below are your orders that have this
currently on them. See if the customer would be
willing to remove it so that it may schedule
faster, otherwise that order may not schedule
until the control is lifted (no time table as of
when that will be currently). This option can be
removed from orders by adding 66D
"TAILGATE APPLIQUE DELETE - RAPTOR
ONLY" to the order. Please try to make these
changes by Friday 3/18.

I WOULD LIKE THE REAR APPLIQUE SO IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO ON AVAILABILITY, I AM VERY INTERESTED!!

my vehicle just delivered to the dealer:

Attachments

• 0E6DBF7D-3B2D-40EB-826B-1FCE747B8887.jpeg
    0E6DBF7D-3B2D-40EB-826B-1FCE747B8887.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 530

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This has been discussed in a prior thread. Apparently it’s worth its weight in gold and as hard to come by as unobtainium.

My ‘22 came with it and while I prefer it, why not wait a bit, you may come to like its nakedness.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a brand new 2022 raptor with the moonroof and tailgate package. However, due to supply shortages, the unique raptor tailgate applique had to be removed in order to complete the build on time.

Below is the message given to all dealers about the unavailability of the raptor tailgate applique:

“The Rear Applique (standard on 801A) is going
to be a heavily controlled commodity going
forward. Below are your orders that have this
currently on them. See if the customer would be
willing to remove it so that it may schedule
faster, otherwise that order may not schedule
until the control is lifted (no time table as of
when that will be currently). This option can be
removed from orders by adding 66D
"TAILGATE APPLIQUE DELETE - RAPTOR
ONLY" to the order. Please try to make these
changes by Friday 3/18.

I WOULD LIKE THE REAR APPLIQUE SO IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO ON AVAILABILITY, I AM VERY INTERESTED!!

my vehicle just delivered to the dealer:
You just can't put the appliqué on the Raptor that has a regular tailgate unless if you find one of those stick on ones. I think the appliqué has clips that attach to the tailgate which there is no way to put that on a regular tailgate for the Raptor. From what I have heard is that you need to buy a whole new tailgate if you want the appliqué.

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m putting a tailgate lock on my tailgate now so no one pulls a fast one and swipes mine… also, my white tailgate with appliqué might be for sale for a cool $18k + TTT

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been discussed in a prior thread. Apparently it’s worth its weight in gold and as hard to come by as unobtainium.

My ‘22 came with it and while I prefer it, why not wait a bit, you may come to like its nakedness.
I almost spit my coffee out when I saw 'unobtainium'...

I don't have a strong feeling one way or the other about the appliqué, but I find myself leaning slightly in the direction of not having it on the truck.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First time I saw how they leveled the bottom edge of the appliqué on Gen3 I didn’t like it, thought it looked squished. I’ve quickly gotten used to it. I usually drive forward. When I’m sober, that is. Lol.