2022 Raptor Tailgate Applique Notice!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaveInFL

Reaction score
My window sticker just became available two days ago and it does not show the Applique Delete on the window sticker. I'd imagine because this was not something that I ordered.

On the Vehicle Order Tracking Page, under the "Exterior" Section, the "Raptor Tailgate Applique" is shown in a different color than the rest of the other features which to me means it's not part of my build.

I thought it looked great on Indigo Silver.......disappointed, but I'll get over it.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes. The black appliqué is more obnoxious than the entire map of the Baja 1000 and giant FP stickers
I get it, and honest 80% agree with you.

I am generally a very low key person. But looking at getting a gen 3 and building it to my specs.

I asked my significant other their opinion on the 37 decals. As I some what perfer no decals. I told her they seemed a little ostentatious. She agreed and said F-em. We have worked hard for the last 30 years of people don't like it they can kiss my A$$.

I agree so, decal delete NO!!!

PK37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The decals are not attractive IMO, I ordered mine without and with the tailgate delete…. But it came with the billboard on the tailgate, no decals … other than the 37 on the tailgate and it looks good ..

Talont101

Reaction score
My window sticker just became available two days ago and it does not show the Applique Delete on the window sticker. I'd imagine because this was not something that I ordered.

On the Vehicle Order Tracking Page, under the "Exterior" Section, the "Raptor Tailgate Applique" is shown in a different color than the rest of the other features which to me means it's not part of my build.

I thought it looked great on Indigo Silver.......disappointed, but I'll get over it.
Just wanted to know, when is your build date? Mine is in "2 weeks" but no window sticker yet.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
“The Rear Applique (standard on 801A) is going
to be a heavily controlled commodity going
forward. "
Out of all the logical supply chain/chip shortage issues, this takes the top for being the biggest joke.

It's a piece of molded plastic. They can **** off with that excuse lmao.

Ask the dealer to make it up with like 10 free oil changes for this BS.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Out of all the logical supply chain/chip shortage issues, this takes the top for being the biggest joke.

It's a piece of molded plastic.
It would seem that way at first but you have to think bigger. What if the company who makes the molded piece of plastic went bankrupt. I can't remember what it was but that happened a few years ago and Ford had to go to the Court and petition to buy the companies assets to be able to continue production of a vehicle.

Also it is possible that the machine that makes the part has broken and all spare parts have been used with no spare parts avalible in the foreseeable future.

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a brand new 2022 raptor with the moonroof and tailgate package. However, due to supply shortages, the unique raptor tailgate applique had to be removed in order to complete the build on time.

Below is the message given to all dealers about the unavailability of the raptor tailgate applique:

“The Rear Applique (standard on 801A) is going
to be a heavily controlled commodity going
forward. Below are your orders that have this
currently on them. See if the customer would be
willing to remove it so that it may schedule
faster, otherwise that order may not schedule
until the control is lifted (no time table as of
when that will be currently). This option can be
removed from orders by adding 66D
"TAILGATE APPLIQUE DELETE - RAPTOR
ONLY" to the order. Please try to make these
changes by Friday 3/18.

I WOULD LIKE THE REAR APPLIQUE SO IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO ON AVAILABILITY, I AM VERY INTERESTED!!

my vehicle just delivered to the dealer:
Did you get another discount for going with 800a package tailgate? My salesman just called, said I can get production date if I delete. They said I get a discount, but not how much. Kind of growing on me, but probably just want a truck at this point!