2022 Raptor Order with allocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustlistenfc

Reaction score
I ordered raptor about 3 weeks ago with allocation. but still waiting for vin right now. contacted to dealer and talked to manager yesterday and he told me that they used one of three allocation and will received vin number soon. How long normally take to have a vin number after order from dealer??

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes 1 month, sometimes 6 months.

In the old days of the time before a VIN was generated in a few days to a couple of weeks. That was many moons ago and no longer applies.

Gator85

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered raptor about 3 weeks ago with allocation. but still waiting for vin right now. contacted to dealer and talked to manager yesterday and he told me that they used one of three allocation and will received vin number soon. How long normally take to have a vin number after order from dealer??
February 14 was 4 months for me. Dealer says any week now. And I do have an allocation.

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. I ordered a 2022 Expedition on November 14th and received the VIN. within a week.
Order the 2022 Raptor that same week and Still have not received anything.

My wife's Expedition had a build date of
2/28/22 then pushed to
3/07/22 then 3/14/22 push again to 3/21/22.
Now I just got another email that it has now been pushed to 4/4/22.
Still no Vin on the Raptor.
Guess I will see them when I see them. Not much else I can do.

ra2911

Reaction score
I just received a VIN for my 2022 order placed at the beginning of Oct, right when the 22s opened up …. You have a VERY long wait ahead.

Wallybosch

Reaction score
My order was placed on 10-5-21 for a MY22 35 raptor. Didn’t get the vin until 12-16-21.
Still is not built yet ….they say week 2-28-22 but we will see I’ve got pushed back three time already!

If your lucky you may see your truck by this fall ….possibly…. winter this year!

OP
OP
mustlistenfc

mustlistenfc

Reaction score
Sometimes 1 month, sometimes 6 months.

In the old days of the time before a VIN was generated in a few days to a couple of weeks. That was many moons ago and no longer applies.
I think I need to wait less couple more weeks to get a vin number then. many people says that It takes another 6 months to delivery to dealer after I have a vin number ? is that correct?