2022 Raptor on my 6th day. Gets clunkier every time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can say the Gen 1 seats are much better than the Plat, a touch better than Tremor. 12 years old and still supportive. Very nice truck the Tremor. Owner was looking for a Gen 3, this was on the truck arriving, he bought. Gorgeous.
I love the seats in my Gen 1. I upgraded the foam in the driver bottom when I replaced the seat skin, so it's even nicer than stock. Can drive it 12 hours w/o issue. Luckily the wife feels the same, so it's what we travel long distances in.

Seats are so subjective, even "good" seats will have those who say it hurts their back or their ass since everyone is built so differently.

The most comfortable car seats I've ever sat in, at least for a short period of time, where in a little cheap Mazda 2 that my BIL had. Like a glove.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. I drove a prius one time, it was smooth and quiet going 10 miles an hour. Now in this Raptor, it is not as smooth. May return it and buy a prius, I dunno. May just buy another vehicle I have never driven before, and then complain that its not a prius.

OP
OP
M

MyLord

Reaction score
I hear ya. I drove a prius one time, it was smooth and quiet going 10 miles an hour. Now in this Raptor, it is not as smooth. May return it and buy a prius, I dunno. May just buy another vehicle I have never driven before, and then complain that its not a prius.
You drive vehicles before buying them? I haven’t driven my last 7 vehicles before buying them. 8 now including this raptor.

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a 37 or 35 truck? Might be worth checking tire pressures too.
Copy/pasted from another thread. Gen3's probably don't kick the rear end out with the multilink, but the tire pressures are still relevant:

Instructors at Raptor assault asked the group "how many of you have the rear end kick out on bumps in normal everyday driving?". The majority of the class answered back w/ resounding yes and then they simply said, your PSI is too high in the rear.

We had a good discussion on tire psi. Here's my notes from the class:
-Raptors ship from factory at 48psi and should be aired down by the dealership upon delivery (which never happens)
-Ford procedure document state 36psi all around
-The instructors prefer 38f and 34r psi for normal driving
-Ford engineers prefer 34f/28r psi for off road driving WITH highway driving
-Ford engineers prefer 28f/22r psi for pure off road driving (no highway at all)