2022 Raptor on my 6th day. Gets clunkier every time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
there are several threads on the "clunking". There is an SSM from ford about it. Take it in. They will replace the shocks under warranty. Mine goes in next week. Also, I have a 2006 Land Cruiser w/ 60k miles. I will never sell that truck. It will long outlive the raptor...
What is a SSM? Same as a TSB (technical service bulletin) ? And is there a copy of this floating around anywhere?

Nohowtoplz

Reaction score
Congratulations. I’ve had my fully loaded (no watered down version) 35 ‘21 CO Raptor nearly a year and it is as solid as the day I drove it off the lot.

JCSRaptor

Reaction score
43psi is too high for tire pressure. Gen 2 has zero rattles. Gen 3 should have no rattles. look for accessories you have in your car are they bouncing around as you go over a bump? Seats in Raptor are good for road trip just took 3000 mi road trip, butt fatigue not an issue. Note, many cars have firm seats especially in european models and they are fine for long hauls and by design connect you to the suspension and road so you can feel the road to an extent. IMO Raptor is a great blend of comfort and feedback through suspension to connect with the road. Inspires great confidence. cushy seats in Cadis and other luxury rides pamper and isolate you. Both are great it, comes down to what your looking for. I have owe all types of vehicles and experienced the pros and cons of each. The Raptor seat leans a little more to the European style with a bit firmer seat pan and achieves the intent of the Raptors mission quite well. Please know, I traded in a Cadillac Escalade for the Raptor. I went from Cush to well less than Cush. IMO Raptor provides better driver experience feedback. The Cadi floated down the road the Raptor in normal mode communicates road terrain a little better than the cadi.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seats in my Gen 1 SCAB are fantastic, had a couple Tremor owners in for a ride and another F150 Platinum driver (friends), all agreed the seats were great. Best I’ve had since Lexus.

Tire pressures are everything on these things for sure.

Just drove 2100 mile trip over 6 days with zero clunks or rattles, seats were superb, tons of compliments at gas stations (so a lot! Lol)

Hope you get your issues resolved, these trucks are just awesome.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seats in my Gen 1 SCAB are fantastic, had a couple Tremor owners in for a ride and another F150 Platinum driver (friends), all agreed the seats were great. Best I’ve had since Lexus.

Tire pressures are everything on these things for sure.

Just drove 2100 mile trip over 6 days with zero clunks or rattles, seats were superb, tons of compliments at gas stations (so a lot! Lol)

Hope you get your issues resolved, these trucks are just awesome.
In comparison, would you say the seats in your Gen 3 are better or about the same as your Gen 1 SCAB?

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In comparison, would you say the seats in your Gen 3 are better or about the same as your Gen 1 SCAB?
I can say the Gen 1 seats are much better than the Plat, a touch better than Tremor. 12 years old and still supportive. Very nice truck the Tremor. Owner was looking for a Gen 3, this was on the truck arriving, he bought. Gorgeous.

lawraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compared to my LC, seats are a lot stiffer. The Lc were like lazy boys.
I haven’t had much seat time. Maybe 300 miles. Will keep messing around a bit.
Clunky to me is vibrations and rattles that feel worse from day 1.

I know what you're experiencing here lol. I switched from Toyota to Ford in 2020 to a Powerboost F150. The Raptor is definitely nicer and built better than the Covid Powerboost I had. They're not built as tight as Toyota, but they are better in about every other way. You'll get used to it.