2022 Raptor on my 6th day. Gets clunkier every time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are several threads on the "clunking". There is an SSM from ford about it. Take it in. They will replace the shocks under warranty. Mine goes in next week. Also, I have a 2006 Land Cruiser w/ 60k miles. I will never sell that truck. It will long outlive the raptor...

OP
OP
M

MyLord

Reaction score
there are several threads on the "clunking". There is an SSM from ford about it. Take it in. They will replace the shocks under warranty. Mine goes in next week. Also, I have a 2006 Land Cruiser w/ 60k miles. I will never sell that truck. It will long outlive the raptor...
Let’s see if they bring it over in 2023-24

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW on the seat firmness. For long trips, firmer seats at first might feel like they'll be worse. For me, they're actually way better. The very soft recliner type seats are the ones that after 500 miles my back, shoulders, and legs are sore. There's definitely a tipping point where a hard seat leaves you feeling like you had a kidney transplant, but having done a 400+ mi in the recaros, they were amazing when I stepped out of it at the end.

The only part that is draining to me on the Raptor is just the width in driving. There's at least a little constant tension keeping the thing in the lane with so little room to spare.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Genuinely curious, why does this pressure seem to be so popular against the recommended 38? Would the lower pressure cause increased wear and a big loss of mpg?

No abnormal tire wear. You can also do a chalk test.

The recommended tire pressures on trucks are assuming that you are in truck mode, towing or hauling. Max payload. Seeing as most do not use their Raptor in this manner, you run lower tire pressures which results in a softer ride. If you are planning on doing truck stuff, you bump the pressures back up.

You follow car pressures closer to the recommended pressures do to not hauling and more comfort.

Hope you followed my first cup of coffee ramblings.

OP
OP
M

MyLord

Reaction score
No abnormal tire wear. You can also do a chalk test.

The recommended tire pressures on trucks are assuming that you are in truck mode, towing or hauling. Max payload. Seeing as most do not use their Raptor in this manner, you run lower tire pressures which results in a softer ride. If you are planning on doing truck stuff, you bump the pressures back up.

You follow car pressures closer to the recommended pressures do to not hauling and more comfort.

Hope you followed my first cup of coffee ramblings.
This makes so much sense. I bumped the fronts too 34 and rears to 32 (recommended in this thread) and it rides so much smoother. I do hear a slight clunk from the front so that may need to be addressed at some point.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Genuinely curious, why does this pressure seem to be so popular against the recommended 38? Would the lower pressure cause increased wear and a big loss of mpg?
I remember in the Raptor Assault class the instructor said one of the reasons people wear the BFG's out so quickly is because they tend to over inflate. He also stated unless your carrying lots of weight in the rear he recommended 32-34 in the rear and 36 in the front.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took delivery 6 days ago. Traded it a 2019 Toyota Landcruiser.

Some things I love:
1. I love the new infotainment and tech that it has.
2. Visibility during the day and night
3. Steering and handling (for a truck)
4. Heated steering wheel and side view mirrors (sorry I had to)
5. Brake hold when at lights

Things that need to improve:
1. You can tell the seats will be an issue on road trips. (A lot less cushion compared to ^).
2. The vibrations and rattling when hitting bumps comes from the steering wheel to the floor board and everything in between. Feels like a RZR.
3. Every time I drive it I feel it gets clunkier.

Am I alone with the vibrations and rattling? I’ve been driving it in normal mode settings but thought a Baja vehicle would glide through bumps and pot holes.
You need new shocks. There’s a TSB. Have your tech throw chassis ears on.