2022 Raptor Major electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy21

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced an issue where the Dash lights up with Trailer Fault, Drive mode Fault, Headlight Fault and the reverse lights flashing with constant chime? The truck has 3,000 miles and is 5 months old, has been at the dealer for three weeks the first time (fix lasted for 2 days then did the same exact thing) and is going on two weeks the second time around. The headlights facing the ground and reverse lights flashing makes the truck non op out of safety. Ford doesn't seem to know what's wrong....

Attachments

• 69811876093__0AAFF93F-158F-4E9B-92E5-57D51E726563.MOV
    3.4 MB

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only time I ever get a trailer fault is when I’m towing with a utility trailer that doesn’t have integrated braking systems. This looks like you have a software issue or a control module needs to be replaced. What faults are the techs getting when they scan it?

Muldoon

Reaction score
My ‘22 just experienced the “trailer fault” last week after getting a full detail wash. Not sure why it popped up, but it did it for about 2-3 minutes and then went away. It hasn’t done it since. I constantly have issues with my SYNC setup though. Ever since the new update came out (Apple/Android Auto Full Screen) I’ve had an issue connecting my phone, playing music through the phone, satellite radio issues, all kinds of weird things.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My ‘22 just experienced the “trailer fault” last week after getting a full detail wash. Not sure why it popped up, but it did it for about 2-3 minutes and then went away. It hasn’t done it since. I constantly have issues with my SYNC setup though. Ever since the new update came out (Apple/Android Auto Full Screen) I’ve had an issue connecting my phone, playing music through the phone, satellite radio issues, all kinds of weird things.

I’ve got a ’17 Rap and setup Ford pass in ... maybe 2 minutes? OTOH, our 2020 Lincoln with its Lincoln Way app, basically a rebadged Ford Pass, took probably half a dozen attempts, was buggy for probably 6 months. I had stopped trying to use it after week 3. There are only so many uninstall the app, reinstall the app, re-pair the phone actions you can take, getting the same result until you realize they can’t fix it. I suppose enough updates came out because when I checked several months later, the app was mysteriously recognizing the vehicle, and could control the car.

Sometimes the tech gets in the way of enjoying the vehicle.

OP
OP
Tommy21

Tommy21

Reaction score
So far they replaced the VCM (I think a suspension module), it took a month and worked for 5 miles before it was doing the same thing. Next they replaced the full fuse panel under the hood (had it for three weeks) went to pick it up and they dealer scratched the hood and fender. So I'm not sure if that fixed it. I'll say, I thought Ford quality was much better before I bought a $90k truck... If it happens again I'm going to start the lemon law process.

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is going to sound crazy, but hear me out. I had a ton of similar faults and errors popping up for a few days when I was in the first few thousand miles of my Gen 3.

CHECK BOTH FUSE BOXES UNDER HOOD AND PASSENGER FOOTWELL. It sounds ridiculous but I found that probably 75% of my fuses either weren’t seated at all, so r not all the way. I made sure every single one was fully seated and I haven’t had a single issue since.

Think about how fast the factory throws the fuses in, do you think they really take the time to ensure every one is fully seated?

I had similar issues and it fixed them, and yes the dealer couldn’t figure it out either, so don’t assume they’re smart enough to check fuses.

OP
OP
Tommy21

Tommy21

Reaction score
I tried the fuse trick and they were loose, but didn’t solve it. They ended up changing the whole fuse box and I think a few wire harnesses. So far it’s worked (about 300 miles).