2022 Raptor - First Round of Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score

ziggy2022

Reaction score
Thanks - was a different beast. Rode pretty nice with the Carli Pintop kit.
Would you go back to that setup over the Raptor? I'm guessing the Raptor is a much better ride and certainly a more apt daily; although I did drive a 2020 F-250 Tremor 6.7 as a daily in the Bay Area for about 2 years. Doable and entertaining with the disgusted looks I'd get from all the EV cultists and sensitive people who have never seen someone back a HD truck into a parking space in the fancy mall's parking garage. It's gonna be awhile, but I have the initial beginnings of getting a '24 Raptor - 35 or whatever we're supposed to call it. I guess it would be "Base" now. I can't believe how much I miss a truck. I'm hoping I won't miss the feel of driving the bigger 250 Tremor.

OP
OP
Chuckaroo91

Chuckaroo91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you go back to that setup over the Raptor? I'm guessing the Raptor is a much better ride and certainly a more apt daily; although I did drive a 2020 F-250 Tremor 6.7 as a daily in the Bay Area for about 2 years. Doable and entertaining with the disgusted looks I'd get from all the EV cultists and sensitive people who have never seen someone back a HD truck into a parking space in the fancy mall's parking garage. It's gonna be awhile, but I have the initial beginnings of getting a '24 Raptor - 35 or whatever we're supposed to call it. I guess it would be "Base" now. I can't believe how much I miss a truck. I'm hoping I won't miss the feel of driving the bigger 250 Tremor.
I've been really happy with the Raptor. The diesel is definitely fun for the torque and its nice for pulling. Given how infrequently I tow anything besides a RZR (I have access to a F350 if needed for heavier stuff) the Raptor is 100% a better daily driver. It's just more sporty than the SD. If you're in a position where you can have a dedicated fun car and a truck then I would go SD. My wife says we dont need three vehicles (YET) so the Raptor fits the bill for truck utility and fun to drive. Other hard part is a new SD is $100K or so for a platinum or loaded lariat plus $10-15K for Carli setup before you get better handling.