2022 Paint issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had mine for a week. I was pretty disappointed in the overall condition when I picked it up. Deep hard water spots like it sat outside for a while. Some of the plastic looked faded as well. Oddly enough I had an issue on the drivers side rear fender also, it looked like gray paint from maybe overspray from something else. My truck is code orange so the gray splatter stood out. I didn't see it until I got the truck home because it was dark when I picked it up. it bothered me so much I got out all the detail supplies and buffed it out. I had to use some 3000 grit sand paper and rebuff and polish.

It is sad to say but I didn't want to give the truck up for a fix and honestly didn't trust Ford to fix it correctly. It looks fine now but I am still working to get the paint clean with hours of clay barring. The paint was filthy and had all kinds of rough spots. Bottom line is that none of this should happen with a 90K vehicle.

The last thing I found was the tailgate appliqué was loose at the top drivers side corner. Seems like it is just a glued on piece of vinyl. I will just tack it back down, but come on.

I love the truck and how it drives and the inside with Recarios is fantastic, but the outside was pretty disappointing. I expected better attention to detail.
I agree when I picked mine up last week friday the paint was in horrible condition. Heavy water spots, a bunch of swirls and scratches. I’m still trying inspect it to make sure there is nothing else wrong. But to think you’re paying 90k for a truck and it can’t even be in good condition. im doing a full paint correction this weekend and ceramic coating.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got nothing to help on the matter, but im really jealous of how good silver looks on the gen 3s

OP
OP
10SpdsOfFury

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My build date is 7/22. Service girl took pictures and she is sending them to the powers that be. She said Ford wants to know any issues with anything the first 3mo of ownership for quality control

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im doing a full paint correction this weekend and ceramic coating.
Had mine done about three weeks ago, it’s somewhat costly, but so very much worth it. I can now run my hand over smooth paint, plus after washing it or even driving in rain, water beads up and sheds like dog hair!

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had mine done about three weeks ago, it’s somewhat costly, but so very much worth it. I can now run my hand over smooth paint, plus after washing it or even driving in rain, water beads up and sheds like dog hair
I did my gen 2 myself. Doing my gen 3 myself ass well. I know to paint correct and the whole process. Saves money.

Range44

Reaction score
Back in 2018 when I was shopping for a new Gen 2 Raptor, I saw this on a couple new silver ones I looked at. Literally looked identical to this issue. I also saw touch up paint on the fender bolts of almost every one I looked at. Im assuming that's from adjusting the body panels and trying to cover the tracks. The dealership was kind enough to offer a few different solutions. At that time there were plenty available and no need to go that route. FWIW, Ive seen brand new Porsche GT cars and many other exotics with DA and sand marks all over the paint after the plastic is pulled off. Hopefully if/when my Gen 3 shows up its not too bad.

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to have my hood and passenger fender resprayed because of this exact same issue.

BIGMAN

Reaction score
I might have you all beat. Again, difficult to photograph - streaking to the back of the cab, driver-side.
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-10 at 04.37.15.jpgWhatsApp Image 2022-11-10 at 04.37.15.jpgWhatsApp Image 2022-11-10 at 04.37.15.jpg