2022 ordered in Jan w/allocation, still unscheduled. Confusion on 23 conversion.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've had a 37 package on order since January. I know the sales manager and believe that I truly did/do have an allocation. I haven't been in a rush and don't care about the delay but know we're getting close to a 2023 conversion.

If I get rolled to a 2023 is it essentially a new order? The reason I ask is the dealer said I wouldn't be able for me to change colors (currently iconic silver but want to take advantage of Avalanche if I get rolled to 2023). Can anyone clarify all this for me? They also said the price would change to whatever the 2023 MSRP is which sucks because I currently have my price from before the increase as well as the blue cruise refund.

Thanks all!

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer will create a new 23 order in what ever color you choose. You can even change it after you have a vin before it goes into production.

mfpf4r

Reaction score
Ditto. I reached out to my dealer and they informed me that when/if converting I will be able to pick any options/colors I want and that it did not have to be the same as the 22 order.

As for when the dealer is actually able to do this...I have no idea... Ive seen the posts on here of people putting their orders in for a '23 but my dealership apparently hasn't been given the '23 build options yet???

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto. I reached out to my dealer and they informed me that when/if converting I will be able to pick any options/colors I want and that it did not have to be the same as the 22 order.

As for when the dealer is actually able to do this...I have no idea... Ive seen the posts on here of people putting their orders in for a '23 but my dealership apparently hasn't been given the '23 build options yet???
My dealer input my new order a few weeks back when order banks opened. They left my 22 order on the books just in case it gets pulled. Guess I'll be getting Avalanche for 6K more than my dec 22 order. My dealers has 10 allocations, I'm next in line for a 37 so they say. I'll believe it when I see it. If not, I'll be getting one them there cyber trucks for baja.

rap.jpg

gunandgod

Reaction score
yea, my 2021 got rolled and a new order was made. 11.01.2021 and I just got a vin. From what I understand your order gets scheduled based on available parts. If one of the parts you ordered is not in the order gets skipped

mfpf4r

Reaction score
My dealer input my new order a few weeks back when order banks opened. They left my 22 order on the books just in case it gets pulled. Guess I'll be getting Avalanche for 6K more than my dec 22 order. My dealers has 10 allocations, I'm next in line for a 37 so they say. I'll believe it when I see it. If not, I'll be getting one them there cyber trucks for baja.

View attachment 367058
weird... exact quote from my dealer was "F-150 orders are open but the Raptor is not open yet". I like to remind them that I've seen multiple people getting their 23's ordered but its always the "not sure how they're ordering Raptors if it isn't available yet"

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
weird... exact quote from my dealer was "F-150 orders are open but the Raptor is not open yet". I like to remind them that I've seen multiple people getting their 23's ordered but its always the "not sure how they're ordering Raptors if it isn't available yet"
Maybe they are waiting to here from their rep about allocations before they enter an order. Who knows?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer will create a new 23 order in what ever color you choose. You can even change it after you have a vin before it goes into production.
Based on how things were for the ‘21s, the order gets locked in usually bout a week out from production and no changes could be made. If you had a “kind” dealer, then two weeks out.